Download problems w/ HDtracks... alternative sources for HD music?
Dec 7, 2014 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ruthieandjohn

Stumbling towards enlightenment
(Formerly known as kayandjohn.)
After I successfully log on, purchase, and pay for an album on HDtracks, the JRiver Download Manager of HDtracks asks for my I D and password Again (even though I am logged on), then rejects it saying "Download Not Available... try again later."

Attempts to follow guidance from HDtracks to let my anti-virus program know about HDtracks Downloader proved unsuccessful -- it seems the download program itself is being installed properly.  Yet I cannot sign in to download (though I can sign in to buy and pay for more!).

HDtracks promptly refunded my money.  However, I had still spent three hours of my life researching my purchase and then installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling the downloader and trying various fixes.

Reading around the forum and elsewhere indicates many people have had problems with HDtracks downloader.

Further investigation also shows that some enterprising folks have looked at the frequency bandwidth of HDtracks music and found it to be no better (and in at least one case inferior) as compared with CD bandwidth.

All this leads up to...

What are some other sources of HD music besides HDtracks?

Thanks!

Dec 9, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm in the exact same situation as you. No luck with the download manager despite my very best efforts. Anyone know of any good alternatives? Pono music store doesn't seem to have much released yet. Everything I've tried to lookup says "Coming Soon."

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 4
They confirmed to me today they were having trouble with their downloader and had their technical team on it. Meanwhile, in similar cases in the past, they have given folks access to the music they purchase on the "HDTracks Cloud," which avoids,the downloader. Might be worth a query.

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Linn Records and Acoustic Sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back