Double Helix Cables Thread
Apr 20, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #1,606 of 2,056
I've sent them a couple of emails now about re-terminating my Molecule cable end for different headphones and no replies at all. Maybe there is some issue going on, but some sort of update whether it be email, website, or facebook post would be in order I'd think...

Apr 20, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #1,608 of 2,056
I have everything else to make my cables other than the DHC order. How long should I reasonably wait before pursuing action through PayPal?
Seems to me that there are more complaints about communication, service and super long wait times than there are people sharing knowledge and impressions bout the cables, looks like i wiĺl not be ordering DHC even though i want to. I have no doubt the cables are great, just not willing to put myself through the pain of paying top money for something only to be forced to wait so long and have emails ignored.

Apr 20, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #1,609 of 2,056
Seems to me that there are more complaints about communication, service and super long wait times than there are people sharing knowledge and impressions bout the cables, looks like i wiĺl not be ordering DHC even though i want to. I have no doubt the cables are great, just not willing to put myself through the pain of paying top money for something only to be forced to wait so long and have emails ignored.
I've purchased two cables, Clone Silver and Clone Fusion.

The Clone Silver is a resolution beast. It will present any and all information that the source sends. But being OCC silver is is very smooth with any harshness presented coming from the source material. The Clone Fusion is as smooth as the Clone Silver but a little warmer with a slight loss in resolution.

Highly recommended.

BTW:

I think I read somewhere that it's just Peter and his wife and they do everything by hand. I found it took me a couple of emails before he responded and I made sure that I didn't come across as a demanding asshole in them.

May 11, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #1,611 of 2,056
I'll probably go to open a dispute on Paypal for a refund this week, DHC is no longer replying my email and I just waited almost 4 months for nothing D:
I had to do the same thing, and he replied to the dispute and promised to get it out quickly. It wasn’t too much longer after that. I’m genuinely curious how much business all the talk of extended waits and lack or response to customer emails has cost him. Good luck!

May 11, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #1,612 of 2,056
I had to do the same thing, and he replied to the dispute and promised to get it out quickly. It wasn’t too much longer after that. I’m genuinely curious how much business all the talk of extended waits and lack or response to customer emails has cost him. Good luck!

Odd that he would respond to the dispute but none of the probably large amount of emails...even just putting something up on his website or Facebook would have helped tremendously.

May 11, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #1,613 of 2,056
Odd that he would respond to the dispute but none of the probably large amount of emails...even just putting something up on his website or Facebook would have helped tremendously.
He probably gets one dispute for every 100+ emails, and his money is secure until the dispute comes through. Super efficient operationally, but drags his brand through the mud.

May 28, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #1,614 of 2,056
Damn. My cousin just tell me that he ordered cable from DHC on October last year and still not having any reply from him.
I told him to dispute with paypal which he just do that ... but unfortunately it already past paypal protection period (more than 180 days).

Well, wait and see how this will turn out.

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #1,617 of 2,056
BTW: I think I read somewhere that it's just Peter and his wife and they do everything by hand. I found it took me a couple of emails before he responded and I made sure that I didn't come across as a demanding asshole in them.

Lookout57, I really DO NOT think one is a demanding asshole expecting:
- acknowledgement that a good has been paid and
- getting a rough oversight on how long it takes that the paid good is delivered.

It is VERY basic service to a client, really! The fact that there seems to be communication only after a dispute has been opened
... well, let's say, doesn't come across as positive in my books.

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #1,618 of 2,056
I think when you pay hundreds/thousands of dollars for a cable you expect some kind of customer service and I’m convinced that you deserve it. There are cable and earphones companies that built their success on customer service, Peter might be old school and he is one man company but he really should improve his communication skills.

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #1,619 of 2,056
the more I read double helix cable threads the more i have surviver guilt. why me! i have bought two iem cables a fusion and v3, two HP cables a compliment 4 and prion 4, and one XLR cable that i upgraded to audio quest fire. my delivery was 2-6 months for each, passively asked for delivery, got emailed and got shipped, why me.....?

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #1,620 of 2,056
I ordered Eidolic connectors from DHC and it took forover to ship. Paid for priority shipping only to get them a month or so later. It’s sad that I can only buy Eidolic MMCX connectors from DHC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back