Double Helix Cables Thread
Apr 30, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #1,471 of 2,056
Got labels made for some older orders I missed, should be caught up ASAP and working to get those build times down. It’s been a busy year so drop me a line to check on your order.

May 3, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #1,473 of 2,056
Hi, Can anyone help me to compare between Symbiote Elite 19 Pure Silver vs Symbiote Elite 19 Fusion? Which one has wide soundstage? Thanks :)
Fusion with cooper will reduce the attach and make sound less sharp.
Maybe pure silver may result more coherent and more absolute wide and depth SS

May 4, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #1,474 of 2,056
Hi @robotncc
Hi, Can anyone help me to compare between Symbiote Elite 19 Pure Silver vs Symbiote Elite 19 Fusion? Which one has wide soundstage? Thanks :)
Agree with @IgeNeLL , comparing with my Prion 4 pure silver, if same metal than SE19, it gives also very soft and delicate trebles to my Susvara which says that DHC is working with a really appropriate for headphones silver.

May 5, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #1,475 of 2,056
Hi @robotncc

Agree with @IgeNeLL , comparing with my Prion 4 pure silver, if same metal than SE19, it gives also very soft and delicate trebles to my Susvara which says that DHC is working with a really appropriate for headphones silver.
I'm still looking forward to hearing Prion4 cable :frowning2:
Personally I'm not interested in Hybird :)

May 6, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #1,476 of 2,056
10283023.jpg

I am running it off the WM-1Z > DHC Symbiote Elite Silver/Linum Super Bax Balanced 4.4 > DHC Ultra short adapter > Hugo 2 > UE Live
The silver cable helps alot and makes the UE Live sound quite a lot more different and better. But that does not mean that the stock (Linum Super Bax) cable is unlistenable to.
Single ended to the Hugo and Balanced through the 1Z, I do not feel that it is muddy.
I actually find the sound enjoyable and one of the only IEMs that I can listen to hours on end without feeling the need to take a break for awhile.
While I am working I sometimes listen to them for three hours straight.

10283027.jpg

Yes, it may not be the most technically sound or euphoric IEM there but there is just something about it that makes me use it as my daily driver and when I need to be plugged in for long hours.
For something with a total 'wow' and euphoric sound, I would give that to the VE8
And yes, I have 2 units. And before anyone cries 'shill', I am in no way affiliated or compensated by UE and I have always been their paying customer.

May 9, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #1,477 of 2,056
Hello everybody, I have an outstanding Prion4 cable for Abyss AB-1266 for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

The Prion4 is a fantastic pairing for the Abyss, and by using relatively cheap (100Euro-ish) adapters can be used also with other headphones, I had very good results with Audeze (LCD-4) as well.

What I love the most of this cable is its unique capability to match a very detailed and transparent presentation, with a liquid, grain-less and not fatiguing treble i.e. without sounding cold or clinical.
I have lately bought the JPS Superconductor HP cable, which is overall a bit warmer while less holographic than the Prion4, and decided to let the DHC go only because the Superconductor should allow me a more compelling package-resale if one day I decide to part from my Abyss headphones.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

May 10, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #1,478 of 2,056
What's the delivery time on the cables now?
I would like to place an order, but am afraid that I'll be twiddling my thumbs for months waiting for it.

May 10, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #1,479 of 2,056
I would like to place an order, but am afraid that I'll be twiddling my thumbs for months waiting for it.
I have order items from some manufacture and this is a big problem :) sometimes they suspend for no reasons.

May 10, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #1,481 of 2,056
You can bet it will more than likely be measured in months. I would guess at least 4 months. I've purchased two cables, and one repair due to me f'ing the first one up after a couple years. The first cable took almost exactly 6 months, but that was a few years ago. About a year ago I had to get that cable repaired, and if I recall, it took around 3 months for the repair. The last one I ordered I just received a few months ago. It took almost exactly 4 months. So there's really no way to know for sure. You just need to know before hand that it will be some time before you get it, probably measured in months. And it may be longer than you expect. To me, the cables for IEMs are worth the wait (that's all I've ever ordered from DHC). Just make sure you don't mind or at least can stand waiting that long. If that bothers you, I wouldn't order. DHC would probably tell you the same thing.

May 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #1,482 of 2,056
Mine was about 5 months. I needed an adjustment and that took a couple weeks.
I'd say it's worth a wait. I almost canceled my order, and Peter managed to email me on the same day that it was ready. I'm glad my cable finally came home.
I have the fusion copper/silver hybrid cable. It's more clear than other cables without coloring the sound.
Going from my OEM copper cable, my fusion sounds just like that except crystal clear from day one.
My Moon silver dragon seemed colored and harsh. After a few days of break-in I had to return it.
My black dragon was much better than their silver, but still needed a break-in to sound good. I'm selling that cable for other reasons, and I'd say the build of DHC is a lot nicer than moon.

I'm not saying Moon is bad, I just feel like DHC is made better and sounds better with more options, and it's reflected in the price.
I can't compare against the forum's favorites from overseas.

I'll also say DHC is willing to work on their own cable. Moon audio would not work on my cable.

May 10, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #1,483 of 2,056
I don't think I can wait 5 months. Maybe I'll put an order in in the future when I am not in a rush.
Looks like PW audio 1960 2 wire is gonna be it.

May 12, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #1,484 of 2,056
Thank you guy, I ordered Symbiote Elite 19 - 18.8awg OCC pure silver last week hopefully, I will have it onhand soon, I sill listen with stock cable :frowning2:
Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back