Double Helix Cables Thread
Mar 22, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #1,456 of 2,056
Just for reference... I ordered my Clone Fusion cable November 16, 2018 and received it March 15, 2019. Seventeen weeks from order to delivery (better than the 6 month+ wait time for the previous silver litz I bought a couple years ago). They are awesome cables. Ooze quality, great sound, look awesome, and virtually zero microphonics. I've purchased quite a few cables. Without a doubt the Double Helix OCC Silver Litz and Clone Fusion IEM cables are THE best I've tried. Relatively expensive and a long wait time. But if you can handle that, the cables are some of if not THE best available. Just be aware... you're probably gonna have quite a wait time, and you need to be sure you'll still need it by the time it arrives. But even so... the cables are without a doubt awesome quality... the best of the best. Worth the wait if you're so inclined.
I ordered mine on 26th Nov 2018, hope will get it in 2 weeks' time...
I think it's the best Silver+Copper cable out there at least in ergonomics and appearance. Yeah I definitely need this kind of cable so I don't care too much about the waiting.

Mar 28, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #1,457 of 2,056
I ordered November 2nd 2018. It's been almost 5 months. They ignored my last two emails asking for advice in case I need to make some modifications on my first custom-made cable.
Considering it's been 5 months out of the promised 2-3 month wait list, and I've been ignored when I need help, I've just emailed to cancel my order. This sucks because I was very excited for this product and I've waited so long already.

:triportsad:

Nevermind, Peter responded and my cable is ready. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #1,458 of 2,056
I have the Clone and I absolutely agree with you that it’s a great cable.
What I cannot understand is the lack of customer service, it’s absolutely impossible to get in touch with Peter, and your only way to get a reply is to send him an email every day for 10 days, this is not the way to do business.
I buy cables from Effect Audio, PW audio, Plussound and they are really great to follow up with their clientele.

*sigh*

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #1,460 of 2,056
Piles of reterminations and broken 2 pin...it never ends! Sorry for the wait Robert, hope this one lasts a little longer. I’m still here, just shoot me an email to check on things.

Robert, should have it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 4AC5D965-1B7F-443B-A2F8-451649E9E337.jpeg
    4AC5D965-1B7F-443B-A2F8-451649E9E337.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 28, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #1,461 of 2,056
Thanks Peter. I just got my exclusively cool Prion4 for my Stellia and Z1R. The sound out-of-box is impressive. It is super resolving and transparent. May update some A/B results later after a few run-in hours.
2.pic.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #1,462 of 2,056
I have the Clone and I absolutely agree with you that it’s a great cable.
What I cannot understand is the lack of customer service, it’s absolutely impossible to get in touch with Peter, and your only way to get a reply is to send him an email every day for 10 days, this is not the way to do business.
I buy cables from Effect Audio, PW audio, Plussound and they are really great to follow up with their clientele.

I love Peter's cables and am also fascinated by the different approaches of builders around the world. I've had a chance to try some of them, but was curious what are your impressions of Double Helix cables. compared with those you mentioned? Are there areas that you feel that one or the other does better?

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #1,463 of 2,056
I love Peter's cables and am also fascinated by the different approaches of builders around the world. I've had a chance to try some of them, but was curious what are your impressions of Double Helix cables. compared with those you mentioned? Are there areas that you feel that one or the other does better?
I only have the clone, and as i said is an excellent cable, u sued it mostly with warmer ciems like the EE Phantom and as a result i get tighter and punchier bass, an open sound stage and better treble extension.
I've been very interested in the symbiote cables for quite some time, and i would love to try the Elite 19 for iem, but the considering the extra long production time and all the uncertainties that have been mentioned before they'll keep me from ordering one.

As far as the other brands that i mentioned, my favorite cable is the PW 1960, a copper cable with nice extension, it bring forward the mid without being to warm, i've been lucky to try the 4 wire version and I've been struck by the 3D sound stage and the overall sound signature(wrote a small piece here: www.head-fi.org/threads/us-head-fi-tour-pwaudio-ciem-upgrade-cables-both-2-pin-and-mmcx-starting-october-2018.889794/page-10#post-14781218).
As far as Effect Audio, the Ares II is my go to cable, never too warm and dark, pairs extremely well with all my iems it doesn't affect too much the sound signature of the earphone but is not as bright as some silver cables and then the EA Leonidas, great resolution, lot of details, through all the range, the treble are there but never too harsh.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #1,464 of 2,056
I only have the clone, and as i said is an excellent cable, u sued it mostly with warmer ciems like the EE Phantom and as a result i get tighter and punchier bass, an open sound stage and better treble extension.
I've been very interested in the symbiote cables for quite some time, and i would love to try the Elite 19 for iem, but the considering the extra long production time and all the uncertainties that have been mentioned before they'll keep me from ordering one.

As far as the other brands that i mentioned, my favorite cable is the PW 1960, a copper cable with nice extension, it bring forward the mid without being to warm, i've been lucky to try the 4 wire version and I've been struck by the 3D sound stage and the overall sound signature(wrote a small piece here: www.head-fi.org/threads/us-head-fi-tour-pwaudio-ciem-upgrade-cables-both-2-pin-and-mmcx-starting-october-2018.889794/page-10#post-14781218).
As far as Effect Audio, the Ares II is my go to cable, never too warm and dark, pairs extremely well with all my iems it doesn't affect too much the sound signature of the earphone but is not as bright as some silver cables and then the EA Leonidas, great resolution, lot of details, through all the range, the treble are there but never too harsh.

As far as I know, the PW 19x0s are sort of remodeling of Cardas clear light series copper wires... PW charges insanely too much after relabeling them. I am not saying they are bad cables so take it as a grain of salt.

Apr 10, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #1,465 of 2,056
Symbiot, fusion, prion 4 here all’s well 5 years in from fusion. I wouldn’t shimmy up the ladder at dhc, get the best. Wait, then enjoy

Apr 13, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #1,466 of 2,056
10274423.jpg

Listening to the Utopia and the Stellia via Sony WM-1Z -> Hugo2 at a private hire office space with some very fine cables from DHC Cables. Its a Beryllium partyy!

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #1,467 of 2,056
Still not really understood the order processing management but I have to say that once the cable is here and working sounding is what you expected when you decided to purchase.

VxE2Z.jpeg

Different short adapters even for MySphere

GQ7YK.jpeg

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #1,469 of 2,056
Peter undoubtedly makes superb cables. I have used his cables and loved them.

I'm not a fan of his customer service. I placed two orders with him just over a year ago;
Order #8657 (April 27, 2018) & Order #8663 (April 30, 2018). Neither of them has been fulfilled a year later.

Both were straightforward orders, one for a short interconnect, the other for a refresh of some existing iem cables. Every few months I have asked for an update and have not had any reply except on one occasion.

In September 2018 I finally got a response to repeated requests for his shipping address (so that I could send the cables needing a refresh to him). On that occasion alone he replied with an apology and gave his shipping address and promised to send the cables straight back. I shipped them by FedEx and they were delivered to Double Helix in the first half of October last year.

Since then I have had no response to my emails politely asking for updates as to when I might expect my orders. I haven't bombarded him with emails - ever few months I have asked for an update. Am I being unreasonable in thinking that this is unacceptable?

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #1,470 of 2,056
Peter undoubtedly makes superb cables. I have used his cables and loved them.

I'm not a fan of his customer service. I placed two orders with him just over a year ago;
Order #8657 (April 27, 2018) & Order #8663 (April 30, 2018). Neither of them has been fulfilled a year later.

Both were straightforward orders, one for a short interconnect, the other for a refresh of some existing iem cables. Every few months I have asked for an update and have not had any reply except on one occasion.

In September 2018 I finally got a response to repeated requests for his shipping address (so that I could send the cables needing a refresh to him). On that occasion alone he replied with an apology and gave his shipping address and promised to send the cables straight back. I shipped them by FedEx and they were delivered to Double Helix in the first half of October last year.

Since then I have had no response to my emails politely asking for updates as to when I might expect my orders. I haven't bombarded him with emails - ever few months I have asked for an update. Am I being unreasonable in thinking that this is unacceptable?
You are not unreasonable at all! I have used his cables and they are of very high quality, but I wouldn't order another, given the bad response time and turnaround time on his orders. Sometimes you just have to forego your politeness and demand service or a refund. No matter his personal obligations or priorities, he is still running a business and should at least post to his website an honest estimate of his turnaround times. IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back