Double Helix Cables Thread
Aug 3, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #1,382 of 2,056
Can an owner of the Complement4 comment (or PM me) on the ergonomics of the cable? I've been using the Danacable Lazuli Ultra on my Susvara for the past week and have decided to return it. I feel Susvara would benefit more from a full silver cable with my system and I really need something less bulky. I don't move around much while listening but I'd like something thinner, lighter and more flexible. The Danacable is beautiful but a bit of a monster.

Aug 4, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #1,383 of 2,056
Anyone interested in a Prion4 for Audeze? I’m likely going to put mine up for sale to free up some funds for an amp upgrade.

Aug 5, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #1,384 of 2,056
Can an owner of the Complement4 comment (or PM me) on the ergonomics of the cable? I've been using the Danacable Lazuli Ultra on my Susvara for the past week and have decided to return it. I feel Susvara would benefit more from a full silver cable with my system and I really need something less bulky. I don't move around much while listening but I'd like something thinner, lighter and more flexible. The Danacable is beautiful but a bit of a monster.
Going on memory c4 is a low gauge yet flexible wire not that much different from prion 4. Except the c4 is braided to a y splitter. The splitter adds a little weight, frankly if budget is not a consideration prion 4 is a better choice, enjoy the sound and quite light for a low gauge wire, a bonus if going balanced.
Don’t know Dana but from the web looks more like a uni body shell type wire build, perhaps less flexible....prion 4 with wire separation and wire braid type a little less a monster maybe..

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #1,385 of 2,056
Going on memory c4 is a low gauge yet flexible wire not that much different from prion 4. Except the c4 is braided to a y splitter. The splitter adds a little weight, frankly if budget is not a consideration prion 4 is a better choice, enjoy the sound and quite light for a low gauge wire, a bonus if going balanced.
Don’t know Dana but from the web looks more like a uni body shell type wire build, perhaps less flexible....prion 4 with wire separation and wire braid type a little less a monster maybe..
Thanks for the feedback. When buying gear I generally focus on the impact to sound quality first, price second, but it's a mental challenge for me when it comes to cables where price and preference do not always match. I'm not simply talking about diminishing returns. With some components it's easier to say one item is better than the next and warrants a higher price. That said, after spending $1k on the Danacable Lazuli Reference for my Utopia and over $2K for their Ultra cable for my Susvara, I'm returning the Ultra and keeping the reference. Price has little to do with it. I simply prefer one pairing over the other. With those two cables one is copper and one is copper and silver so they really are intended to meet different needs.

I do not have any experience with Double Helix cables. I'll use the dirty "B" word. Is it safe to say the Prion4 is "better" than the Complement4 where it's an easy decision if price is not a concern? I do not want to save money at the expense of sound quality, but I do not want to pay twice as much just because it's the latest TOTL offering. I've read very little of this thread so apologies if there are direct comparisons buried within it.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #1,386 of 2,056
It’s been a long time since I a/b c4 and prion 4 frankly the comparison was not fair to begin with. My c4 was direct se to my TT, and my prion 4 is 4 pin xlr to my gsx mk2 fed by TT to my hd800S. Sooo. I just can say the totality of the prion experience is very enjoyable, while I also liked c4. Ergonomics is with prion 4 for me even with a thicker gauge, probably cause of the seperate channel braiding.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #1,387 of 2,056
Thanks. Ergonomics are very important. I’ll be going from Dave to Wells Milo Refemce (soon the be upgraded to Headtrip) but I feed it SE to a HFC Helix Trinity HP conditioner so balanced is not an option with that in the chain. Well worth the sacrifice to me.

Aug 21, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #1,390 of 2,056
What's the usually respond time from Peter? I return few connectors and is expecting a refund. But it's been 4-5 days. :frowning2: In the meantime, I figured that the website never send me an email when trying to reset the password. Very strange...

I sent the following to Peter last week:

"It's now been 13 weeks since I ordered a 6 ft. pair of your DHC Chaperone-2 OCC Copper Litz Flagship Interconnects, RCA-RCA (ordered 9 May 2018). So far, there has just been a shipping label created.
I was wondering when I can expect the shipment."

He has not replied yet. I guess this speaks louder than words as to the his response time to orders and to inquiries.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #1,392 of 2,056
Have anyone used Clone Fusion cable with new U-polymer outer jacket? could anyone tell me how flexible is it, does it turn hard after a period of use like PVC jacket?

Aug 22, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,393 of 2,056
Have anyone used Clone Fusion cable with new U-polymer outer jacket? could anyone tell me how flexible is it, does it turn hard after a period of use like PVC jacket?
I've been using the Clone with my Phantom for about 2 months, it's very well made and i really like how it pairs with the ciem, is not as flexible as the EA Ares II, but not still enough to find it uncomfortable.
it's too early to notice any stiffness insulation, i own a significant amount of cables, from different companies, and i never had an case where the cable increased the stiffness.

Aug 28, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #1,394 of 2,056
I ordered a cable from DoubleHelix early July (status : processing for 9 weeks now), and since then sent a question repeatedly through their message system and to the given email. My email was only asking if I ordered the right connectors. I do not mind waiting, but I do mind a lot that my order-related question is not replied to, it would take half a minute. Is this normal for DoubleHelix?

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #1,395 of 2,056
I ordered a cable from DoubleHelix early July (status : processing for 9 weeks now), and since then sent a question repeatedly through their message system and to the given email. My email was only asking if I ordered the right connectors. I do not mind waiting, but I do mind a lot that my order-related question is not replied to, it would take half a minute. Is this normal for DoubleHelix?
unfortunately it is, it's not very easy to get in touch with Peter, keep sending him emails, sooner or later he will reply to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back