Double Helix Cables Thread
Jul 26, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,081 of 2,056

I guess there is a new flagship. And I just ordered a pair of Spore4 on 2nd of July. Heartbroken..

Nevertheless, it's quite a looker.

wow prion 4! priced out 6 feet balanced 2500$ thats a whole lot of high end cable....

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #1,083 of 2,056
  Situation update, Peter has actually promised me the upgrade, just need to pay a bit of difference. Looks like I may be the first to get the Prion4. Will definitely post some impressions once I receive it.

lucky you, let us know  
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #1,084 of 2,056
  Situation update, Peter has actually promised me the upgrade, just need to pay a bit of difference. Looks like I may be the first to get the Prion4. Will definitely post some impressions once I receive it.

Oh, I've been waiting for my HE-1000 cables for a while. Maybe I can get the same

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #1,085 of 2,056
I see DHC has also interconnects. I am wondering if the DHC Single Strand RCA > RCA Fusion (which is 60 dollars extra)
is better than my current AudioQuest Evergreen RCA-cable that is connected between my DAC and AMP?

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=13

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #1,086 of 2,056
This exactly what I asked from DHC for my Cable.

Been looking into lots of reviews. DHC is still best around DanaCable, PetereK, Nordost, Kimber, MoonAudio. 
I got an itch, so I just ordered the Silver Comp 4 (5ft) with 2.5 mm balanced termination + a set of Ultra Short adapters. Now the waiting time. Probably won't arrive until next year?
Prion4 model is just too much for me.

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #1,088 of 2,056

Oh, I've been waiting for my HE-1000 cables for a while. Maybe I can get the same

You should let Peter know asap. The Prion4 also has a new leather packaging, looking real sharp.

Should throw in a vitton clutch for that price :tongue:

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #1,089 of 2,056
DAAAMN!

I was really diggin' my Cardas Clear on my ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000s w/ the new Questyle CMA600i headphone amp/DAC.
Then, as always, went to my DHC - and BAAANG!!!!!   Super JUMP in overall dynamics, clarity, and even the bass extension was so far outward
compared to before - it was an entirely new listening experience!!

L8Night Listening Sesh...
Beautiful w/ DHC 
beerchug.gif

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #1,090 of 2,056
I just did order my DHC-cables:

DHC "Single Strand" Interconnect (Fusion OCC Copper / Litz Silver ) RCA to RCA for DAC/AMP
DHC Silver Compliment 4 for HD800S

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #1,092 of 2,056
  DAAAMN!

I was really diggin' my Cardas Clear on my ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000s w/ the new Questyle CMA600i headphone amp/DAC.
Then, as always, went to my DHC - and BAAANG!!!!!   Super JUMP in overall dynamics, clarity, and even the bass extension was so far outward
compared to before - it was an entirely new listening experience!!

L8Night Listening Sesh...
Beautiful w/ DHC 
beerchug.gif

That room sir is one big guilty pleasure. Expensive / good equipment. I would trade my girlfriend for that :D

Aug 1, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #1,093 of 2,056
  MASELS!

You're gonna be PSYCHED!!

Your portable setup looks amazing. You did hear a noticable difference between the stock cable? Well I hope so :D. Many people talk about Silver-cables crafted by elves during moonlight. But I kinda believe in fairy tails :D. I do believe that good analog-cables make a difference. Digital cables is a different story though (zero's and ones)

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #1,094 of 2,056
  Your portable setup looks amazing. You did hear a noticable difference between the stock cable? Well I hope so :D. Many people talk about Silver-cables crafted by elves during moonlight. But I kinda believe in fairy tails :D. I do believe that good analog-cables make a difference. Digital cables is a different story though (zero's and ones)

DHC, and the work that Peter does - actually convinced me that, more-so than analog interconnects or loudspeaker cables - headphone leads are perhaps the most crucial - as the transducers right next to your ear!
Difference over the stock cable?!?!?!  LMAO
t!!   

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #1,095 of 2,056

now shhhsush guys, my gsx mk2 amp is almost ready to be shipped i need my xlr and rca chaperone 3 interconnects, no more orders till mine are ready 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back