Double Helix Cables Thread
Aug 9, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #481 of 2,056
Nice jwbrent, I have a cable sitting in his shopping cart, going balanced for my Noble K-10's. Enjoy brother.

Which cable are you getting for your K10's? Thanks!

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #482 of 2,056
I want to add my voice to the chorus of praise for Peter and Double Helix Cables. His cables sound stunningly good, both the cheaper and the more expensive models.  And they're simply gorgeous, flat out beautiful.  He has made several cables for me over the years, and has been terrific to work with when there was an issue (usually having to do with my Hifiman, which often didn't hold the miniplugs very snugly.)  Anyhow, Peter is a fine designer and craftsman, his prices are quite reasonable for the quality of his productions and the really highest quality of his service.  He stands by his products, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #484 of 2,056

Shure/New Westone plug type as labeled on the site, so yep.  

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #485 of 2,056
Man:

The new DHC Complement4 dual XLR cables are my new #1 Reference cables for my LAu!!

They just do everything I look for in a cable:
Translates the emotive power of the music as well as the dynamics - and they also manage to 
get the hell outta the way of the music!!

I just told Alex Rosson that he NEEDS a pair for his LAu.
He asked me: "Are they really that much better than the Cardas Clear?" 
He's using the Clear dual XLR currently.

I told him he hasn't even experienced the true MAGIC of the LAu + his LCD-X, XC, or LCD-2
without the Complement4!!!!

AMAZING work Peter!

They also ROCK these new NuForce HA-200 monoblocks I just set up for review!
Serious power, clean, and the micro and macro-dynamic detail is sublimely executed!

AND:
I tried my Molecule Elite (made for my Sennheiser Momentums) on the new Urbanite cans last night,
and HOLY F___!
These headphones are an AMAZING value - and a killer starter-point for somebody if they love electronic music as much as I do!!
Or hip-hop - The sound has the Sennheiser clarity across the frequency spectrum - with a healthy punch in the low-end, giving them wonderfully tremendous THUMP in the BASS. The great thing is they managed to EQ them this way - and NOT muck-up the lower midrange.

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #486 of 2,056
Looks like you have the "Spore" version of the Complement4.  Lucky you!

Loving my dual XLR Complement3's and should have a Complement4, non-Spore version, relatively soon.  The 3's are so revealing and natural as it is.

I can only imagine what an all Silver version of the Complement3 or Complement4 would sound like.

Thanks for the nice writeup  and pics Mike!

Sep 13, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #487 of 2,056
Get a rope!  WOW, what an awesome cable!  Lots of detail, big wide soundstage.......makes the Alpha Dog sound like the LCD 3 Fazor!  More awesomeness from DoubleHelixCables.  Needs some running time but the sound is fabulous out of my 125 wpc Denon 4800 off speaker taps.  Not a warm sound like one would think with 18 awg, pure copper Type 6/4 Litz.  The pinpoint imaging, soundstage height, depth and width, make this an Audiophile delight off of speaker taps on both of my Denon's, and my integrated tube amp.  Audio nirvana for the home headphone enthusiast......portable use, "not so much"!

Thanks Peter!  More to come on this big guy later!

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #488 of 2,056
  Get a rope!  WOW, what an awesome cable!  Lots of detail, big wide soundstage.......makes the Alpha Dog sound like the LCD 3 Fazor!  More awesomeness from DoubleHelixCables.  Needs some running time but the sound is fabulous out of my 125 wpc Denon 4800 off speaker taps.  Not a warm sound like one would think with 18 awg, pure copper Type 6/4 Litz.  The pinpoint imaging, soundstage height, depth and width, make this an Audiophile delight off of speaker taps on both of my Denon's, and my integrated tube amp.  Audio nirvana for the home headphone enthusiast......portable use, "not so much"!

WOW!! :O I am excited. I may need another cable in my collection. Consider me a cable roller now I am more than impressed though with my Norne Vanquish but going pure copper with that thick rope would bring another level of bass!

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #489 of 2,056

WOW!! :O I am excited. I may need another cable in my collection. Consider me a cable roller now I am more than impressed though with my Norne Vanquish but going pure copper with that thick rope would bring another level of bass!

Think bass texture!

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #490 of 2,056
I wanted to thank you guys for the information you have provided. Because of the great feedback that Peter earned, I just placed an order for 

DHC Symbiote SP V2 Pure OCC Silver Type 4 Litz IEM Cable for my Shure 535s. 

I will also be getting a new cable for my JH Audio JH16s, because I need one with a microphone for calls, as I wear them all day for work.

Anyone want to buy a Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1 IEM Cable? Used for about 20 hours. Fair price?
Choose Length
48 inches 

Connection Options
JH Audio, Ultimate Ears, Westone 

Connector Type
Oyaide Straight

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #491 of 2,056
  Looks like you have the "Spore" version of the Complement4.  Lucky you!

Loving my dual XLR Complement3's and should have a Complement4, non-Spore version, relatively soon.  The 3's are so revealing and natural as it is.

I can only imagine what an all Silver version of the Complement3 or Complement4 would sound like.

Thanks for the nice writeup  and pics Mike!

Sure!

Im putting together a column dedicated to headphone cables - as the segment as getting just as packed as signal cable in the high end!
Think I'm going to publish it at Audio360.org...
I'll keep everybody up on that.

But DHC is going to be ALL OVER IT! And I don't like to use the word "best" to describe audio - as all our "bests" will differ - but, maybe, 
for the first time I MAY call DHC the "best for me" in headphone cables.

Peter's cables are like the Nordost of headphone cables to me! I love Nordost cables in my stereo system - and their Heimdall 2 headphone
cable is quite good too - but Peters DHC cable, IMO, acts like even LESS of a filter to the music!

And my column will be stating that!!

I mean sheesh - my Molecule Elite (made for my Momentums) even improved the sound of these Sennheiser Urbanite headphones and Dragonfly (ver 1.2) system today!
MUCH greater bass impact, more air, and far more sparkle in the highs than the factory cable. 

They absolutely transform these headphones!

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #494 of 2,056
  Sure!

Im putting together a column dedicated to headphone cables - as the segment as getting just as packed as signal cable in the high end!
Think I'm going to publish it at Audio360.org...
I'll keep everybody up on that.

But DHC is going to be ALL OVER IT! And I don't like to use the word "best" to describe audio - as all our "bests" will differ - but, maybe, 
for the first time I MAY call DHC the "best for me" in headphone cables.

Peter's cables are like the Nordost of headphone cables to me! I love Nordost cables in my stereo system - and their Heimdall 2 headphone
cable is quite good too - but Peters DHC cable, IMO, acts like even LESS of a filter to the music!

And my column will be stating that!!

I mean sheesh - my Molecule Elite (made for my Momentums) even improved the sound of these Sennheiser Urbanite headphones and Dragonfly (ver 1.2) system today!
MUCH greater bass impact, more air, and far more sparkle in the highs than the factory cable. 

They absolutely transform these headphones!

Thanks mike, now you're making me change all cable to my headphone  LOL  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back