Doodlebug - USB Isolator
Nov 12, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #211 of 305
That depends. Is the USB Microphone a USB Low Speed, Full Speed or High Speed device?
All USB devices use two way communication.

Nov 13, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #212 of 305
  That depends. Is the USB Microphone a USB Low Speed, Full Speed or High Speed device?
All USB devices use two way communication.

The only hint I can find to it's USB speed is on the manual: "USB audio class 2.0". Doesnt' say whether it's Full Speed or High Speed.

*Edit: it's a Blue Yeti USB Microphone btw*
*Edit 2: Educated myself. Since it supports USB Audio Class 2, it most likely means that it's the High Speed 480Mbps rate*

Nov 13, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #213 of 305
What sample rates does it support?
If the highest it goes is something like 24 bits and 96k then
it's USB 2.0 Full speed.
If it's higher, like 32 bits or 196k then it has to be USB 2.0 High speed.

Nov 13, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #214 of 305
A quick search provided the answer.

Yeti - Full Speed
Yeti Pro - High Speed.

So, yes, the Yeti will work with the Doodlebug.

Nov 14, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #215 of 305
I'm pleading for patience, again.  I've had a lot of orders that's backed me up from finishing the DoodleBug kits.  Hopefully, this weekend.
redface.gif

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #216 of 305
  A quick search provided the answer.

Yeti - Full Speed
Yeti Pro - High Speed.

So, yes, the Yeti will work with the Doodlebug.

Thanks! That's pretty good news, and I'll let you guys know if it makes any audible improvement.

Out of curiosity, what did you search for to get the USB specs? I must have been typing the wrong keywords on the search engine..

Nov 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #217 of 305

Thanks! That's pretty good news, and I'll let you guys know if it makes any audible improvement.

Out of curiosity, what did you search for to get the USB specs? I must have been typing the wrong keywords on the search engine..

I just searched with "Blue Yeti USB Microphone".

On Amazon, I found the it supports up to 16 bits at 48k and was "plug and play".

That say to me "USB Full Speed device".

Nov 16, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #219 of 305
  Are there plans to make it available as a completed product or only as kits for DIY'ers?

It's a very simple build, but yes - I will build some for sale at some point.  The way things are going, though, that could be awhile.
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #222 of 305

Do we purchase this at beezar?

I think Tom said he was going to put it up on the site soon but still needed some time.

Tom – are we able to start a list here of people who are ready to order it, so we get first priority of ordering?

It shouldn't be a problem.  I'm sure that there's plenty to go around for quite awhile.  I'm ready to pull the trigger and have all the kits made up, it's just that every time Mon-Thurs rolls around, I'm kind of limited by my day-job plus any regular Beezar business in-between.

If you guys can be patient a few days longer, everything will be in place.  I know it's been a long time, but between moving to a new house, re-building Beezar with updated software basically from scratch, and any number of other things that happen to all of us in our daily lives, it's taken a lot longer than it should have.  Just a while longer and everything will be available on Beezar.com.

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #225 of 305
Tom is like the anti-Light Harmonics!  Fulfill existing obligations and orders first, release new products second, despite community demand.  Business ethics remain alive and well in Atlanta 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back