1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Don't get why "Audiophile" USB Cable would improve sound quality

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by throzen0303, May 14, 2011.
First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
  1. xnor
    Well, spending money on an USB cable trying to decrease input lag is like spending money on power cords trying to reduce speaker distortion.

charlo89 likes this.
  2. GSARider Contributor
    Have always been skeptical of uber expensive usb cables, however the hifi mags rave about them constantly, going on about 'subtle' differences in sound - for the better of course....

3. nanaholic
    You never know, get a few professional gamers to endorse it (I "feel" the difference I swear!) and you might get more than few dumb people buying them, not unlike having a few "golden ears" endorsing USB cables. 

4. penmarker
    Watch these and come back to me saying those expensive digital USB cables make a difference.

Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams. I guess if any of you still feel like it made a difference then you're probably just defending your expensive assets.

Tus-Chan likes this.
  5. xnor
    Oh, how the banana assessment reminds me of hifi reviews ...

6. noahbickart
    Quote:
    And yet I bet you've never seen a full page glossy add for a High-End Cable Brand?

Who is footing the bill for those reviews?

7. GSARider Contributor
    I have seen full page ads for the cable folk here in the UK and having worked in publishing previously for ten years or so, I know the deals that go on and the editorial pressure that ca be applied. However I have an acquaintance who works for a cable brand who has categorically told me that HDMI & USB Cables are overpriced. The conversation came up when I was querying a £90 HDMI Cable (160-180 Dollars US) and he said that a decently made £10-£20 cable would be just as good.

8. DeadlyNeodymium
    I'll just say what I think... past $10-15, you're wasting your money.  It's a freaking USB cable, it's not going to make a big difference.  Not at all.

9. USAudio
    99 US cents: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030301&p_id=5437&seq=1&format=2

xnor likes this.
  10. AJHeadfi
    Come on guys, that's not in the spirit of audiophile. Get your high-end USB cables cryo treated. [​IMG]

Mine has been through the alpha process.

First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55