Don't get why "Audiophile" USB Cable would improve sound quality
Dec 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #826 of 835
Well, spending money on an USB cable trying to decrease input lag is like spending money on power cords trying to reduce speaker distortion.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #828 of 835
You never know, get a few professional gamers to endorse it (I "feel" the difference I swear!) and you might get more than few dumb people buying them, not unlike having a few "golden ears" endorsing USB cables. 

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #829 of 835
Watch these and come back to me saying those expensive digital USB cables make a difference.

Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams. I guess if any of you still feel like it made a difference then you're probably just defending your expensive assets.

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #830 of 835
Oh, how the banana assessment reminds me of hifi reviews ...

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #831 of 835
Quote:
Have always been skeptical of uber expensive usb cables, however the hifi mags rave about them constantly, going on about 'subtle' differences in sound - for the better of course....

And yet I bet you've never seen a full page glossy add for a High-End Cable Brand?

Who is footing the bill for those reviews?

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #832 of 835
I have seen full page ads for the cable folk here in the UK and having worked in publishing previously for ten years or so, I know the deals that go on and the editorial pressure that ca be applied. However I have an acquaintance who works for a cable brand who has categorically told me that HDMI & USB Cables are overpriced. The conversation came up when I was querying a £90 HDMI Cable (160-180 Dollars US) and he said that a decently made £10-£20 cable would be just as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back