Don't buy any FiiO product from SainStore on Amazon and how to distinguish a genuine FiiO E6 from a fake one
Jul 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #121 of 283
Quote:

Been testing the fake Fiio E6 for a couple of days, and i think it really isn't that bad. Well i don't of course know how the real Fiio E6 does the job but... I bought it just to get more bass and volume when listening my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's (80ohm) from Samsung Galaxy S. And it does exactly that, more volume, more bass, maybe slightly better sound quality, more clarity/contrast, maybe. I think i'm gonna just let it be, I don't have the time and nerves to return it and all the fuss. Would probably take months to get a new one. 

Why bother using an amp? Get voodoo control and amplify from the phone. Galaxy S is an amazing device for that. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #125 of 283
Quote:

I really doesn't want to root/hack (or what it's called) the phone. Or does it even require that?

unfortunately it does require root. 
I think it also require voodoo enabled kernel if you want it for free.
Or you can pay few dollars and work it on any rooted galaxy S.
I can strongly tell it is just an amazing upgrade. A must if you are into sounds.

no white noise, hardware bass support, hardware amplification so on

Jul 11, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #127 of 283
*bangs head on table repeatedly

I'm not sure whether I have just a faulty model or a fake here. The box has no serial number, bought it last week from BaHaMa via Amazon. So far, it started cutting out my right earbud on my new EPH-100 (by the way, that earbud now has occasional audible and physical static leaking from it), and now the amp wont play for more than 10 seconds without cutting out both earbuds. Here's a photo, is it a fake...? The sticker isn't in line with the on/off switch if you look closely, and head-on, you know it's a sticker and it's not printed on there. Thin switch too I think. Loop looks thick, but USB jack I guess kinda recessed, not sure if i'm just being pissed at a malfunctioning amp messing with my new earbuds.

Jul 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #130 of 283
I'm already returning the E6 as defective, since it really doesn't work for more than 10 seconds now. Considering the EPH-100's since the right-ear static makes me think that the E6 messed with it somehow, and this is my first decent IEM. Just wondering whether I should be reporting the seller as well or not. If I popped it open though, I'm not sure whether Amazon would take it back or not?

you know, it's actually behaving with a full charge. maybe the batt was just low the other day, but that's still really odd behavior.

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #132 of 283
I recently purchased an E17 from fulfilled by Amazon. I just wanted to make sure that E17 doesn't have fake versions. I have looked over the differences between a fake and a real product listed on the first page. I am a bit worried because the instruction manual has some typos in it. The word "importance" is spelled incorrectly in my instruction manual. I don't know if Fiio actually made these typos in the manual or not? However, it does have a serial number. Is there anyway I can make sure that I didn't get a fake short of opening it and looking at the battery

Jul 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #133 of 283
I got all my FiiO amps from Head-Direct so I know mine a real.

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #134 of 283
Amazon.com GATESHOP INC sold me a fake one...
mad.gif
So I decided to order one from Micca distributor
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #135 of 283
Quote:
Amazon.com GATESHOP INC sold me a fake one...
mad.gif
So I decided to order one from Micca distributor
biggrin.gif

Good choice! I got my E6 and my E11 with extra battery and charger from Micca via Amazon.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back