Don't buy any FiiO product from SainStore on Amazon and how to distinguish a genuine FiiO E6 from a fake one
Jul 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #77 of 283
Quote:
If it has a S/N Sticker you are good. 

Also there should be a date of authenticity in the manual. 

SMI Corporation is genuine, then. Date of authenticity is there and none of the counterfeit indicators listed in the first post.

I am one of the victim of a fake Fiio E6!! I talked to amazon about it on the same day I read this thread and they gave me a refund for it and returning it. The fake one is exactly what it looks like from the main post. There's no sound quality improvements except a good bass enhancement. However, if anyone can tell the sound quality differences between the real and fake one as I am planning to reorder an authentic one, or I might have to upgrade to a E7 or E11....

The only quality difference you'll hear is if your source is unable to drive your headphones adequately in the first place.  Otherwise, it's just a volume increase.

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #79 of 283
Jul 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #80 of 283
man this is a disaster! I was about to purchase e6 but I wanted to read a review on this and look what I came across!
This is a very useful info thank you.

So there are e1 - e6 fakes but not e7 or the above? 

Jul 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #81 of 283
Quote:
man this is a disaster! I was about to purchase e6 but I wanted to read a review on this and look what I came across!
This is a very useful info thank you.

So there are e1 - e6 fakes but not e7 or the above? 

Yes, we heard about fake E7 but not confirm yet, anyway, it will be safe to buy from our authorized sales agents or distributor , you can check it from where to buy in our official website www.fiio.com.cn

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #82 of 283
please note: its www.amazon.com, NOT www.amazan.de or www.amazon.co.uk. We are www.schopfhandel.com on amazon.de and co.uk, and we sell in Germany, Swiss, Austria and some parts of Europe. There are no fakes in Europe. And we promise: we will eliminate them...

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #85 of 283
Just recieved a E7 today. The most alarming thing about the device is the case, I would have thought they'd cut holes in the case to make way for the buttons;

Otherwise it's a seemingly well made piece of kit. It's possible it had a S/N sticker on the side of the box and I've peeled it off. I tend to do that with stickers.  I bought it from RC Sales on amazon.co.uk. They've only racked up 141 rating's in the past 12 months, hardly big time. I would appreciate it if someone from FiiO told how I can tell if mines fake.

Thanks,
Paul

Jul 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #86 of 283
Quote:
Just recieved a E7 today. The most alarming thing about the device is the case, I would have thought they'd cut holes in the case to make way for the buttons;

Otherwise it's a seemingly well made piece of kit. It's possible it had a S/N sticker on the side of the box and I've peeled it off. I tend to do that with stickers.  I bought it from RC Sales on amazon.co.uk. They've only racked up 141 rating's in the past 12 months, hardly big time. I would appreciate it if someone from FiiO told how I can tell if mines fake.

Thanks,
Paul

I wouldn't worry about it being fake Paul. I order my e7 about a year ago and that is the exact case mine came with. The rubber is not cut out so as to protect the chrome buttons underneath methinks. I sort of like it.   :wink:

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #88 of 283
Quote:
...just a noob qestion... can i use this Fii0 e6 amp for my shure se215 IEm's, or it is just for head phones only. thanks..​

You can use it for IEMs.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #90 of 283
Quote:
Thanks man... any other amps that is best suited for IEMs?

RSA Shadow and Headamp Pico Slim, if you're looking for ~$300 amps. Loved the way my GR07s sounded out of the slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back