Don't buy any FiiO product from SainStore on Amazon and how to distinguish a genuine FiiO E6 from a fake one
Jun 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #49 of 283
It's very sad to see FiiO products being copied and sold like this. While the differences make it pretty apparent that it was a counterfeit E6, I am still shocked at how close it manages to look like the real thing.

To protect yourself:

1. Buy from an authorized reseller. FiiO will soon post a complete list. This is the most important thing you can do to protect yourself.
2. Check your purchase for a serial number. If anything looks out of place. All genuine FiiO headphone amps have a serial number.
3. If anything appears odd or looks out of place check with FiiO.

Jack

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #52 of 283
So I'm at a box without a serial number...but the user manual looks ok as far as I can tell. The loop is definitely thicker. The little red indicator strip on the power switch looks straight but the ridge is definitely thin. So is there a possibility of an E6 that is partially fake or is the whole thing bogus? On a positive note Amazon seems willling to work with me to make it right.

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #53 of 283
Oh, and the USB port seems flush with the case. Guess the only thing left is to crack the case but I'm a little nervous as it doesn't seem super sturdy to begin with and I can just imagine breaking off some little tab or something and it not fitting back together well.

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #54 of 283
This is ironic and very bad. The truth is that there are many products being counterfeited all over the world. The bad part is what's happening to shockdoc, NOW he is not even sure if the product on his hands is original or fake... The worst part is that FiiO managed to deliver great quality products with a competitive price, building a reputation in the industry and now he has to watch his back because of dishonest people who want to take advantage of someone else work...

:frowning2:

Get informed and buy from authorized sellers.

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #55 of 283
That is crazy. I had just purchased one on Amazon, but luckily it was the real thing. Thanks for the info.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 29, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #57 of 283
I'm pretty sure I avoided one of these fake E6 selling on ebay for much cheaper than all the other listings. I canceled the order. The price seemed a little too convenient. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #58 of 283
Quote:
 Hi Jjacq, TGFara-1, E11 and E17 should be the original ones, we have only found out that E1, E3,E5,E6,E7  have counterfeit parts in the market until now.

Hi Cathy,
Can you please post more details on how to spot a fake FiiO E7? Thank you.

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #59 of 283
Ok, I cracked the case and the guts look legit but defintely NO serial number, thin ridge and thick loop. Doesn't make sense that it would be partially fake unless FiiO is like maybe outsourcing some of it's manufacturing and/or assembly (pretty funny if you think about it-LOL).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back