Don't buy any FiiO product from SainStore on Amazon and how to distinguish a genuine FiiO E6 from a fake one
Jun 28, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #31 of 283
WOW. Chinese products beeing copied by other (chinese) manufacturers... You are moving upmarket guys ! Maybe China could start now by accepting the Trade ageements on Brands and intellectual properties from the rest of the World ?:wink:

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #33 of 283
Quote:
To confirm this,  you could upload some pictures whenever it is convenient for you to do so, we will check it for you

Not sure what good it will do because I don't have a camera with enough resolution, here you go anyways.

I think the loop looks pretty thick in proportion to the legitimate picture.

and here you can't really tell because of the bad camera resolution but the USB definitely sits a little deep into the surface and the black surface case is lipped around it.

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #35 of 283
Unfortunately I am unable to upload pictures right now because I'm on deployment, but I'm fairly certain that my Fiio E6 that I got recently is fake.

On the outside, the little loop does look significantly thicker than the legit one shown in the pictures but that's about it for the external part. I figured I was okay, but when I popped the amp open with a knife I observed that mine is almost certainly a fake. All the internal signs indicated in the pictures of the fake are there.

In fact, mine looks identical to the fake one shown, internally at least.

Here's a link to the seller:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/details/ref=aag_m_ss?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=1&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&asin=&seller=A1OWDRCIVB2B4J#aag_legalInfo

My order page says US LASSUN LTD, but clicking it brings me to the indicated link.

Good thing it wasn't too expensive so I can order another one that's actually legit :D

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #36 of 283
Not that I condone counterfeiting, but is there any underlying safety hazard data supporting your explosion claim? I personally am rather fond of cloned batteries for my cameras (which can be had at a fraction of the OEM cost), and have never had a single issue in years.

Quote:

Most importantly, the fake one's battery does not have a foam pad and is poorly made, it may explode and cause serious damage to your property. (Please click the pictures to enlarge)

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #38 of 283
Question... Do they sound the same?!?! LOL
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #42 of 283
My guess is that they still sound more or less the same and have little to no difference in performance but as mentioned the lack of the proper battery (probably sold the original for profit) puts users at risk and people will probably find their charge not lasting as advertised. 

I get mine tomorrow from SMI Corp. I'm really hoping they are legit cause I leave over seas Monday and was planning on traveling with my Fiio e6 :/ 

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #43 of 283
There have been significant and frequent issues with cloned batteries and different types of electronics (mostly cell phones judging only from my memory). I'm sure it wouldn't take much of a search effort to find information on it.
Quote:
Not that I condone counterfeiting, but is there any underlying safety hazard data supporting your explosion claim? I personally am rather fond of cloned batteries for my cameras (which can be had at a fraction of the OEM cost), and have never had a single issue in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back