Doh!
Apr 27, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #258 of 324
congrats on the triumphant return home! sounds like Phoebe has already established her empire there
biggrin.gif
don't say we didn't warn you that you'd be here more often - since you'd be getting less sleep! don't worry, in under a year she'll be past the "maintenance" stage and start really being fun! actually, around 8-9 months really!

Apr 27, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #260 of 324
That's nice that you're encouraging little MoMo to see about her sister. Now beyond a shadow of any doubt Pixie would love for us to have kids. She adores kids, and has plenty of experience. She'd like us to have kids more than I do.
wink.gif

It's good that MoMo is curious, hopefully it'll all work out.

Apr 27, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #261 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's nice that you're encouraging little MoMo to see about her sister. Now beyond a shadow of any doubt Pixie would love for us to have kids. She adores kids, and has plenty of experience. She'd like us to have kids more than I do.
wink.gif

Plainsong, this is the first time you don't sound completely against the idea of having kids. Is Pixie slowly convincing you to give childbearing a chance?
wink.gif

Edwood, little Phoebe has beautiful hands and fingers just as I suspected. This time of crying and pooping goes by so fast you'll miss it later. I so wish I was pregnant again just to enjoy those delirious moments of no sleep while bfeeding and changing diapers again.
plainface.gif

My headphones of choice for loud cries was HD25 and for breastfeeding was KSC35s so I could hear every little breath in case of choking. This may be TMI, but listening to Vivaldi while nursng made my milk flow better.
eek.gif
lol

Apr 27, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #262 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...listening to Vivaldi while nursng made my milk flow better.
eek.gif
lol

Theres a sentence I never thought I'd see.
basshead.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #263 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

MoMo is such a sweet dog. When Phoebe crys, MoMo is nearby and looks up at us. She has a funny look, like she is very concerned. She never bites, she almost never barks. The only issues we've had with her was peeing and pooping inside. (fortunately, with MoMo's new diet, she is very regular now, "knock on wood") The in-Law Grandparents visited today, they brought their new poodle, Coco. Make me really appreciate MoMo even more, Coco was peeing everywhere. Ugh. LOL, this is the year of pee and poop for me.

I must say, I am immune to poopy diaper smells. Perhaps because when MoMo was sick, her poop was 10x worse. Also, pee and poop is nicely contained in a diaper, not spread across the floor. Perhaps too much info, but I'm sure those with baby + dog in the family can relate.

Phoebe refuses to sleep in her bassinet. So she sleeps in bed with us (or on the couch during the day, on her nursing pillow, usually after finishing eating. So, yeah, sleep is very short, sporatic.

She's sleeping now, so I snuck off to post an update.

-Ed

Apr 28, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #264 of 324
No, it is only Pixie who would like for us to have a baby.
tongue.gif
It's awesome to hear that MoMo also has that "Is that my puppy?" instinct.
biggrin.gif

Yes, I can relate to doggy poop woes though, Pixie just last night ran out the bedroom, and before I had time to hurry and put shoes on, decided that behind the couch was THE spot. What can ya do? They have small bladders, still though, she coulda waited 30 seconds!
tongue.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #266 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MoMo is such a sweet dog. When Phoebe crys, MoMo is nearby and looks up at us. She has a funny look, like she is very concerned. She never bites, she almost never barks. The only issues we've had with her was peeing and pooping inside. (fortunately, with MoMo's new diet, she is very regular now, "knock on wood") The in-Law Grandparents visited today, they brought their new poodle, Coco. Make me really appreciate MoMo even more, Coco was peeing everywhere. Ugh. LOL, this is the year of pee and poop for me.

-Ed

You should have given Coco a diaper too while you were at it.
biggrin.gif

BTW, that last picture is adorable.
smily_headphones1.gif

So Plainsong, "Pixie" would like you to have a baby?
evil_smiley.gif

We'll be waiting for "Doh! Us too" now.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #267 of 324
We're taking a break to eat breakfast while Phoebe actually sleeps in her bassinet (only when she eats enough to go into a "milk coma").

MoMo keeps going back and forth between the rooms, like she's checking on Phoebe. So glad to see MoMo has welcomed Phoebe into the pack. (of course MoMo doesn't know that Phoebe is to be the new pack leader.)
tongue.gif

-Ed

Apr 28, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #268 of 324
Not acceptable for MoMo to do, but we stepped out of the bedroom to get some more sheets and Phoebe was crying. We were only gone for a few second, and MoMo jumped from the bed into the end of the bassinet. MoMo was sunggled next to Phoebe. And Phoebe had stopped crying. Will have to wait until Phoebe is more older for them to sleep together, but it was just so cute. I guess MoMo is having some strong mothering instincts.

Apr 28, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #269 of 324
Too cute!
600smile.gif

May 4, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #270 of 324
Everyone says enjoy this part while you can. But honestly, everyone enjoys it after the fact. Enjoys the selective memory of early parenthood more than anything. Unles you got EXTREMELY lucky and had a baby that didn't fuss and scream every hour on the hour during the night.

Yeah, you're all liars! ALL OF YOU!!!! You know who you are!

OK, maybe it's just my sleep deprived self talking, and pissed off wife talking (she's really mad at me for any reason now, it's ALWAYS my fault.)

I'll be sure to pass on the "lie" to other new and prospective parents in the future. Now that I am part of the "club". I now see that experienced parents regale their tales of new parenthood with a newborn and how wonderful and magical it is. But I now know there is just a little smirk and evil smile only barely noticeable when they say it.

Well, I've managed to take some short time to post on Head-fi, but it's back to cleaning poo on every level. Walk the dog, change the diaper, tend to the screams, change the diaper, change the diaper again, what?! you peed before I could close the diaper, now I have to change it again, oh, now you're hungry, what, you don't want to eat now?, Oh, now I have to change your diaper again, I'm ready for the pee now, let's just wait, oh OK, let's change your diaper, S*$%!!, you peed on the changing table again?!, change the diaper, and then all is finally well. So peaceful and sleeping, but I'm too tired to enjoy it. Perhaps I'll snap a picture so I can remember how wonder and great it was. Was it really?

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back