Dog-fi
Jan 25, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #616 of 922
Hi guys! Here’s a picture of a random corgi so I can subscribe to the thread◡̈
B1484790-21EB-45BA-A7A9-CF04115C32D4.jpeg

Jan 29, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #617 of 922
13B74FE0-C393-4C60-887C-7ADCFF79E03B.jpeg

Mar 2, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #619 of 922
Some great dogs here. A real dog person here. Couldn't live without them :)

Atm we have 2 large Poodles, and 1 Bouvier des Flandres

42448710934_7b3d4d8850_z.jpg

36976590905_765ed52352_z.jpg

36782247562_d0232e8662_z.jpg

945800_514725645251723_550511803_n.jpg

Mar 2, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #620 of 922
Poddles are so underrated, what a great looking dogs, smart too , the bouvier was popular in the 80-ties where I live, don't see them much anymore.

Pity, although it's good for the health of the bouviers in general..

-edit- o haha je komt uit Nederland, gave honden man!

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #621 of 922
How did I miss this thread ?

My best buddy *Ace*, Acey Boo, Boo Boo and finally “Boob’s”, he sadly left us 4 weeks ago.

He survived with an enlarged heart and congestive heart failure for 4 years. He never once complained and, until he took a stroke 5 weeks ago, he was doing excellent for the disease that he had.

At the beginning of August, one morning he woke up and he just wasn’t himself. So we took him to the vets and they did an ultrasound of his chest, as they could not xray him for fear the anasthetic would kill him because of his heart.

Once she saw the monitor, she shook her head and told us that it was now only a matter of minutes, hours, days or possibly a couple of weeks.

He lasted right up until sunday the 25th of november. Two weeks earlier he took a stroke and by all accounts he was recovering and had regained control of his front right leg. After making good progress from his stroke, he suddenly stopped eating, drinking and kept spitting out his heart medications.

He was telling us that he had had enough and, that he didn’t want to carry on. It was heart breaking to see him like that, we felt so helpless.

With broken hearts and tears in our eyes, we decided it was now time to do what we really didn’t think we would have to do, and we took him on his last journey.

11:20 am, sunday the 25th of november is when he left us. However hard it is to accept, he is now in a much better place and is no longer suffering.

On that day, the emergency vet on call was his usual vet, which was fortunate, as he was always at ease with her and, he would get and give her a kiss and generally be playful with/around her. She was also in tears but, I’m glad it was her,

Meet Boob’s Head-Fi

This is Boob’s a few weeks after his birth, he needed an emergency operation when he was born and you can see the operation lump next to his junk. He also suffered from extreme allergies and the odd’s were against him from day 1, he was on steroids for his entire life.

This is Boob’s aged 6

This is Boob’s aged 11 and this photo was taken mere months ago.

This is the box the vets put him in for us to take him home,

Lastly we had him cremated, we have his ashes and they are next to a photo of him.

He was my first dog as I was always a cat lover, but my very first experience of owning a dog was so great that I didn’t know his loss would make me feel so sad.

He was more than just a dog, he was a member of the family, my entire family, they all miss him, mum, sister, brothers, inlaws and the kids. The house has changed since he is no longer here, it’s deathly quiet and feels weird.

He would also follow us around wherever we went in the house. Because he did that, it made the house seem much livelier as he was always there when we would turn around.

After the newyear we are going to get another dog, probably another Chihuahua but who knows ?

When he was a puppy he had a black face, it wasn’t until after his death when we were looking at photos of him, did we then realise that his face had more or less turned white, and yet nobody noticed it :)

Sorry for your loss, I'm sure Boob's had 11 wonderful years despite his affliction because of your love:smiley: I love how Chihuahuas always look relatively the same their whole lives, my Havanese looked so different as a puppy from his adult self:rolling_eyes:

Hard to believe they are even the same dog!

DSC00831.JPG

DSCN6538.JPG

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #622 of 922
Sorry for your loss, I'm sure Boob's had 11 wonderful years despite his affliction because of your love:smiley: I love how Chihuahuas always look relatively the same their whole lives, my Havanese looked so different as a puppy from his adult self:rolling_eyes:

Hard to believe they are even the same dog!

Thank you for your kind words.

We are just awaiting a litter of chihuahua’s to be born. Then they will stay with the mum for 10 weeks and get vaccinations and chipped. So it’s looking like it will be summertime before we get our hands on another chi. One which will be Kennel Club registered, which is a good thing, as alot of people are selling fake chihuahuas.

They look like a chi when they are a baby, but, when grown up you can easily tell that they are fake and of a mixed breed.

Mar 11, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #623 of 922
Thank you for your kind words.

We are just awaiting a litter of chihuahua’s to be born. Then they will stay with the mum for 10 weeks and get vaccinations and chipped. So it’s looking like it will be summertime before we get our hands on another chi. One which will be Kennel Club registered, which is a good thing, as alot of people are selling fake chihuahuas.

They look like a chi when they are a baby, but, when grown up you can easily tell that they are fake and of a mixed breed.

Indeed, it's a shame how much is being faked these days. There is such a lack of integrity in the world today it's truly sad. Great news on that new Chi even if you have to wait a little longer:beerchug:

Mar 12, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #624 of 922
Poddles are so underrated, what a great looking dogs, smart too , the bouvier was popular in the 80-ties where I live, don't see them much anymore.

Pity, although it's good for the health of the bouviers in general..

-edit- o haha je komt uit Nederland, gave honden man!
Yes, we are Dutch, wel 50% that is haha :wink:

But yes, poodles are great. But people keep calling them labradoodles... Dumbasses haha
And the Bouviers, they seem to have more and more problems. The Dutch bloodlines are dominated by a few breeders, which causes problems. 2 of my Bouviers had epilepsy. A lot of real pedegrees seem to g et that because of limited fresh bloodlines, from Bouviers to Labrador etc.

Mar 13, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #625 of 922
Yes, we are Dutch, wel 50% that is haha :wink:

But yes, poodles are great. But people keep calling them labradoodles... Dumbasses haha
And the Bouviers, they seem to have more and more problems. The Dutch bloodlines are dominated by a few breeders, which causes problems. 2 of my Bouviers had epilepsy. A lot of real pedegrees seem to g et that because of limited fresh bloodlines, from Bouviers to Labrador etc.
Spoke to a neighbour a couple of days ago and the same thing is happening with Leonbergers. The breeder of her Leonberger even switched breeds because of it, which is a terrible shame because my wife and I were looking to get a Leonberger once circumstances allow.

Bouviers are great, btw. Grew up around them because my uncle used to have Bouvier kennels in Eersel (yep, more Dutchies around here).

Anyone else enjoyed Crufts over the weekend? We had the live streams on all weekend. (Crufts YouTube channel)
0_Crufts-Dog-Show-Day-Two.jpg

Mar 13, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #626 of 922
20150531_145542.jpg
Had a Siberien Husky before this wippet, both my wife and I must agree on one thing. So much more easy with a less dominant dog like this.

Depending on the picture she can be cute or ugly :grinning:
20150830_131551.jpg

Mar 14, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #627 of 922
Indeed, it's a shame how much is being faked these days. There is such a lack of integrity in the world today it's truly sad. Great news on that new Chi even if you have to wait a little longer:beerchug:

Yesterday a breeder in my city posted an ad online for 10 week old chihuahua’s and guess what, I’m getting a puppy later today :)

He is not the same colour as my boobs, which is probably a good thing, as I was hunting for a white and black chi, but if we got one, we would forever be comparing it to boobs.

So we have opted for a tri-colour chi, it is tan, black and white.

This is a picture of him from the seller, he is 10 weeks old.

0D7F0C07-C53D-4DBA-B5D4-7F27917719FF.jpeg

Awww, doesn’t he look cute ?

Now we just need to figure out a name for him.

:)

Mar 14, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #628 of 922

Awww, doesn’t he look cute ?
Now we just need to figure out a name for him.:)

Oh my, he's precious! Look at that face! Congratulations! I think you made a good call getting a different color from "boobs." You will have a constant reminder of your new puppy's uniqueness. while preserving that visual and emotional memory of boobs. Boobs, through you, will infuse this new puppy with his spirit. Good luck with the name and keep us posted!

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #629 of 922
Oh my, he's precious! Look at that face! Congratulations! I think you made a good call getting a different color from "boobs." You will have a constant reminder of your new puppy's uniqueness. while preserving that visual and emotional memory of boobs. Boobs, through you, will infuse this new puppy with his spirit. Good luck with the name and keep us posted!

Yeah, he looks like butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth, but I know the crazy that he is about to bring back into our home.

I think you’re right regarding not going for the same colour as boobs, it’s been 4 months since he passed, and looking back, I was just wanting a black and white replacement for boobs, which it wouldn’t be and it would be weird and we would be forever comparing them.

As for the name, that will take some time, I will post it here along with a better photo, but I know one thing, his name won’t be 2 boobs or boobs 2 :)

Cheers

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #630 of 922
Those cute Gremlin ears and take me home and I'll love you forever eyes is all it takes! Congrats:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back