Dog-fi
Mar 21, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #646 of 922
One dog I have is 10 years old and one dog I have is 5. Also I actually have other dogs but they are not as close to me. I’ve never had dogs before so I’m trying to prepare myself for the 10 years-olds departure.

I know it could be 0 to 4 more years possibly a little longer as she is a terrier?

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #647 of 922
Looks like he is asking a question:
  • where is my dinner?
  • where is my DAVE?
  • etc

He is in a biting mood just now, last week when we first got him it was kisses, now it’s bite anything and everything, supposedly thats what happens when they are teething.

I had no idea dogs got two sets of teeth like humans do.

My Audio gear is well shielded from him, absolutely no pissing/dogs allowed anywhere near them.

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #649 of 922
He is in a biting mood just now, last week when we first got him it was kisses, now it’s bite anything and everything, supposedly thats what happens when they are teething.

I had no idea dogs got two sets of teeth like humans do.

My Audio gear is well shielded from him, absolutely no pissing/dogs allowed anywhere near them.
Reminds me of when my cat was teething. One day he decided to try chewing through one of my charger cables, but mainly stopped at cosmetic damage. I feared that my hifi cables might be next, but thankfully he never touched another cable of any sort.

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #650 of 922
Reminds me of when my cat was teething. One day he decided to try chewing through one of my charger cables, but mainly stopped at cosmetic damage. I feared that my hifi cables might be next, but thankfully he never touched another cable of any sort.

We have had him for exactly one week today and he has already ripped the carpet, he got hold of a thread and kept pulling it, now we have a visible line of missing carpet. Just aswell that we have planned on redecorating this summer.

After that I shelled out for a playpen/jail cell for him, which is big enough for him to do whatever he wants, but he is not able to get access to the carpet.

My kit is well and truly out of his reach!

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #651 of 922
One dog I have is 10 years old and one dog I have is 5. Also I actually have other dogs but they are not as close to me. I’ve never had dogs before so I’m trying to prepare myself for the 10 years-olds departure.

I know it could be 0 to 4 more years possibly a little longer as she is a terrier?

Stella was not that old she wasn't even 7 yet. made it even tougher.

My old man is 10.5 yrs old we are hoping he will see 13 and Greyhounds are generally pretty healthy large bread dogs.

Apr 28, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #652 of 922
15309606-26F8-48FC-AC45-F0D4BDDA6A2D.jpeg
801031AC-8951-4BC9-B9B5-14C59CB9F50E.jpeg
EBFA896D-340F-4145-AB8C-515C5F3FC107.jpeg

Apr 29, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #654 of 922
IMG_20190412_082928.jpg

May 5, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #657 of 922
Hercules (left) and Zeus. At this stage, Herc is a little over 5 and his younger brother just turned 3. Both are around 100lbs (variable), both from the same sire and same breeder. I love Labradors.

IMG_0141.jpg

The other morning, I had to take a brief break from my workout for Labrador Sumo:

https://twitter.com/jasonvanpatten/status/1100451325345742850

May 7, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #659 of 922

Pomchi?

Full pom?

Here's mine.

PART_1524773395236.jpeg

0326161205a.jpg

He's too needy, always wants to play, rarely gets angry unlike my former pom that wasn't needy, lazy, and was a mean dog especially as he got older. Completely opposite dogs.

I suspect my dog is mostly pom and a little bit of a long haired Chihuahua as he doesn't have the pom undercoat and body is longer like a Chihuahua. My first was from a legit breeder with papers and the 2nd was off Craigslist with no papers and the guy looked like he was backyard breeder (he looked like he was homeless and we did the transaction in a Del Taco parking lot), but this dog is way better than my first.
I'm glad we went with him instead of his brother that was all white, but in the end I wanted a brown pom as the former one that had passed away was brown as well.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #660 of 922
Pomchi?

Full pom?

Here's mine.

He's too needy, always wants to play, rarely gets angry unlike my former pom that wasn't needy, lazy, and was a mean dog especially as he got older. Completely opposite dogs.

I suspect my dog is mostly pom and a little bit of a long haired Chihuahua as he doesn't have the pom undercoat and body is longer like a Chihuahua. My first was from a legit breeder with papers and the 2nd was off Craigslist with no papers and the guy looked like he was backyard breeder (he looked like he was homeless and we did the transaction in a Del Taco parking lot), but this dog is way better than my first.
I'm glad we went with him instead of his brother that was all white, but in the end I wanted a brown pom as the former one that had passed away was brown as well.
Yep.
Pomeranian....paid $120 at a pet shop.

Your dog looks like mine!

Her name is Nana and she is 5.
She has attitude, I guess that’s why she is my favorite of 6 dogs? She growls at my Wife too. Lol. She bit the plumber also. Even I can make her growl. She is crazy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back