Does your postman KNOW you by now?
Mar 30, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #16 of 32
Well the people at the post office know me!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
(I buy and sell alot!)

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #17 of 32
The regular postman knows me and my dad since we are at our business all the time (the postman that delivers to our house, I have never seen).

He is very nice, gave me free tickets to the Hornets basketball game once, I guess its his way of paying us back for all the dumps he takes at the hotel (he comes in between 3-4pm to "throw out the trash" since he claims our public toilet is the cleanest in town).

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #20 of 32
I "know" the post office guy. Don't usually small talk, but he has to recognize me by now, but he still ID's me. And for the UPS/FedEx guys, I don't even know what they look like because they never ring the doorbell, they just put it on the step and run.

May 11, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #23 of 32
I have to show my swipe card to the people on the desk to get parcels at my accomodation. This includes amazon orders. Somewhat unsurprisingly, I am long past actually having to show them my card....

May 11, 2007 at 10:22 AM Post #25 of 32
Our UPS guy reconized me, a block away from my house riding on an electric scooter.
He actually pulled the truck over, called me by my first name, and handed me the package.

Funny thing is I don't get that many packages. Though I am the one in our house who receives the most.
It was cool either way.

Joseph

May 11, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At 2 different post offices (one beside work, other beside home), all the staff know me by name and don't bother ID'ing me anymore, just a polite "Another one... sign here." thing.

Hehe, that's exactly my situation too: "Here is your package..." (and while I take my IDs) "...I have seen them already..."

May 11, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #29 of 32
The girl who comes at my apartment to deliver mail has frequently seen me in my pijamas, as I tend to sleep late and so she wakes me up when she rings the bell to have the main door opened. She's kind and now doesn't ring anymore unless she has stuff specifically for me.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back