Does your postman KNOW you by now?
Mar 30, 2007 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

penguindude

1000+ Head-Fier
For the past year of shipping and receiving packages of headphones/amps/cables/dacs/other stuff, the people in the post office literally know me.
biggrin.gif
Anytime i go to the post office and ask if they have any packages for me, they would know what to bring out, without even getting my IDs.
biggrin.gif
The post office lady told me, you gotta stop buying stuff online.
very_evil_smiley.gif

What about your experience?

Mar 30, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 32
Thanks to an insane amount of ebay and other on-line purchases during the past 3 years, the Mail, Fed-Ex, and UPS guys all know me by name. We honk and wave at each other when we pass on the road, and the mailman has come to learn my eratic schedule so when he sees my car in the drive when I come home to feed the dogs or whatever, will even come back to my house after attempting an earlier parcel delivery. I've slowed down on my ebay purchases as of late, so perhaps they'll forget me eventually.

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #8 of 32
Yes and no... I don't really know him because I'm not normally there when he drops of packages...

But I do know that his name Steve.

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #9 of 32
Like most Head-fiers I've had an insane amount of packages delived so the package guy knows me. I actually have his private cell phone number to call if he missed me at home. When I get back and see the card that he was there I'll call him, let him know I'm home, and he'll stop at my house to deliver the package on his way back to the station. He rocks.
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 10:29 AM Post #14 of 32
From what I've seen I get a diff guy almost every time, so no.
But when they do come I'm more excited about the packages they bring than the person, so.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back