Does your HD800 do this?
Jun 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #46 of 97
I ordered my Sennheiser HD-800 long time ago and i am still waiting.And this is great news thanks alot i have always been a great Sennheiser fan and i love this community and this is really great news thanks and when i someday receive the phone i have to repair it first

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #48 of 97
out of curiosity what is your guys's serial numbers that are creaking are they in the 5xx range?

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #49 of 97
I've not heard anything odd yet, but they probably don't have enough miles on them yet to really know for sure. If something changes, I'll report back.

Jun 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #50 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
out of curiosity what is your guys's serial numbers that are creaking are they in the 5xx range?

I have the same suspicion.

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #52 of 97
I'm number 00685 and it clanks on the right side. I don't think serial numbers have anything to do with it.

But what are you worried about with the lines on the mesh? They look like circles and it is probably part of the material. They aren't stray lines that go all over the place. They have a definite patten so I'm sure it's a normal thing. The creaking and linty dust covers are a defect though.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #54 of 97
I got my replacement pair from HeadRoom last night when I got home from work. It does not have the "wind chime" defect on the right side. After about nine hours of listening to everything from Bach, Mahler, Part, Gorecki, and Glass to Bicycle Face, Fear, Primus, Neil Young, Cowboy Junkies, Duke Ellington, McCoy Tyner, Paul Chambers, Don Byron, Kaki King, Nick Cave, Radiohead, etc. and on, I'm very excited about these headphones.

Jun 19, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #56 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is meant by "linty dust covers"

Take out your dust covers and look at the steel mesh in the earcups. Also give your fingers a good rubbing on the edges of the dust covers and watch the fibers flow!
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #57 of 97
Just received one of the first european pairs (serial #1230) and don't have this spring problem.

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #58 of 97
I unscrewed the frivolous black piece of plastic in the silver part that is attached to the cups at one end and the headband at the other, and could clearly see the spring that is the cause of the problem. I think it's the hole it goes into in the headband that is the problem. My serial number is in the 500s as well.

Jun 24, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #60 of 97
I have the same metallic sound coming from the left side. I don't hear it when I actually have them on my head though! Only when I move it around in my hand forcefully. It doesn't bother me at all since it's completely silent when in use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back