Does your gf/bf/hubby/wife support your audio hobby too much?!?
Oct 7, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #32 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just commenting on my personal situation. It really doesn't matter if she supports my audio habit.

frown.gif

I mean, it was supposed to be funny.
frown.gif
again.

Oh...I get it now.
tongue.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #33 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live alone, in a van down by the river. Count your blessings.

I live in the van on the other side of the river. Wave so I can see you.

EDIT: 'bout time you started a good thread Red, the best read of the month, can't wait to see what's next!

Oct 7, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #34 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in the van on the other side of the river. Wave so I can see you.

Great. Way to make yourself an open target for his rifle!

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: 'bout time you started a good thread Red, the best read of the month, can't wait to see what's next!

I haven't started posting my dirty poems yet.

well, this thread started out as half-serious, but I guess no one has the same problem, I gather?

It's looking more and more like that I'll be spending my next purchase NOT on brand new macbook, but a vinyl rig with possible Omega II. (yay?)

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #35 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's looking more and more like that I'll be spending my next purchase NOT on brand new macbook, but a vinyl rig with possible Omega II. (yay?)

What you meant to say was [size=xx-large]YAY!!![/size]

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #36 of 116
Not a fan of rifles, prefer stuffing kerosene-soaked rags into shiny cylindrical objects. And teabagging.

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #37 of 116
Hmmm.... the thread become joke contest or something, but it's ok as long as the OP and people feel ok that way.

Here's what I say.

Most gfs usually are supportive on bf's hobby. It is not that they like or understand what bf's are doing, but that's what her bf likes. If gf shares the same hobby, that's even better.

But that will not last forever.
Real life issues rather than hobby will step in between two, after they got married... unless they have enough income and time to enjoy the hobby. Should husband fail to fullfill this, the wife (former gf who was very supportive) will start to talking about how much she hated his hobby. That's very common.

So, this is my advice. Get the most out of this supportive mood. Earn as much as you can to maintain that mood alive for long long time.

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #38 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What you meant to say was [size=xx-large]YAY!!![/size]

well, that at the cost of no macbook, no new lens for my leica, and...no dinner out for next millennium or two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a fan of rifles, prefer stuffing kerosene-soaked rags into shiny cylindrical objects. And teabagging.

wait, so it's home-made bomb THEN teabagging?
ew.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm.... the thread become joke contest or something, but it's ok as long as the OP and people feel ok that way.

Here's what I say.

Most gfs usually are supportive on bf's hobby. It is not that they like or understand what bf's are doing, but that's what her bf likes. If gf shares the same hobby, that's even better.

But that will not last forever.
Real life issues rather than hobby will step in between two, after they got married... unless they have enough income and time to enjoy the hobby. Should husband fail to fullfill this, the wife (former gf who was very supportive) will start to talking about how much she hated his hobby. That's very common.

So, this is my advice. Get the most out of this supportive mood. Earn as much as you can to maintain that mood alive for long long time.

oh yeah, omega II will most likely be end of headphone upgrade for a very long time. Until I get into speakers. Her Dad is a serious audiophile as well (in speaker setup) so she has adopted that hobby as well.

thanks for the helpful words, and yes, I don't mind the jokes
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #40 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The girlfriend.

wife's fine with it, I gather?
wink.gif

on more serious note, it looks like it's going to happen -> vinyl ->amp -> Stax O2.

I just have to give up on leica M8 and new lens for it - I should still be able to have a budget for vinyl/stax rig and the upcoming macbook. I just wanted a digital alternative to my leica M6, and more and more I read about M8, it's looking like it's not for me (vastly inferior to film alternative, apparently).

Time to save, save, save and spoil myself and gf around christmas time. yay?

O2 should be the end of the road for my headphone hobby... until I decide I need a dynamic setup to match! (sad face) But that should be years away before I get sick of upcoming stax rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back