Does your gf/bf/hubby/wife support your audio hobby too much?!?
Oct 22, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #107 of 116
Just here to confirm that Stat do indeed sound good with vinyl and that both the SR-5 and Sr-Lambda handle vinyl better than the dynamics I own (the QP85 not far behind though - high impedance).

For the record: I am using an AT-PL50 with some damping foam added in certain spots, sitting on a top shelf with foam discs supporting it. Bought this weekend as a "Intro to Vinyl" and a way to record some LP's to digital format. Currently using the preamp of the Zhaolu.

Just peeking in.

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #108 of 116
^ thanks for stopping by! I wonder how it will be with brutally revealing O2 mk1 or even mk2 for that matter.

I got my vinyl rig set-up today and will need to grab some LPs tomorrow! I'll try it with my three headphones and which one it likes the best
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #109 of 116
Man, you are missing/missed out over here.

One of the local vinyl/cd shops (Dr. Wax) is going out of business and has everything for 50% off, plus an additional 25% off that if it is a used LP or CD. I totally scored with 14 Albums (some with multiple LP's and one sealed "Mesopotamia" LP by the B52's which I bought on a whim - might give as a gift since I looked up the CD an did some listening online and don't care for it). I guess that is the glory of vinyl, trying out new things. Then about another 10 CD Albums (including all of Mahler 6 , Turandot, Karajan Forever, etc.) for a VERY low price.

Currently enjoying Climax Blues Band - FM Live (1974) on Vinyl

Vinyl + Jazz / Blues seems like they were made for each other
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #111 of 116
What a time for a vinyl shop to go OUT of business. Vinyl's been dead for 10 years and is just now seeing a resurgence, and this dude decides to call it a day.

Feb 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #112 of 116
Well back in highschool a had a similar experince with the pair of twins. One of them later at her 18 party interduced me to my current Finacé which I'v been living with for years now.

In the same age my parents Sony stereo crapped it self and I told them to please actually go to a real high end store rather than the best buys of Denmark. In the end I had them to order a NAD stereo amp and seperate reciver with Cambrige DAB+FM and 600 series BW speakers. My dad also saw his first really neat TV's so a year later they got the best 40" Samsung at the time. That was about the time I startet to think I was missing out the minute I left my parents home as they also went all over the globe traveling.

So I started with the Head-Fi stuff quitely with some mid-end Sennheiser and went uphill ever since.

A yeah ago my mom got my dad a Denon vinyl system for their stereo so he could listen to meatloaf and other 70-80 vinyl
beerchug.gif
- I didn't know he was into that sort of thing so I ofcourse remembered to give him the collection of their live preformances on DVD and CD this Christmas.

My experinces with my fiancé can be read here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/wh...-world-410487/

Nov 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #114 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It may sound weird, but I have a girlfriend who may be over-supporting my headphone hobby.
I feel that my AD2000s + Gilmore lite combo does a very good job for my home use, and I was going to sell off my other rig - K701 and ph-12 - since I don't really listen to classical music anymore.
But my gf keeps encourging me to either keep it - or upgrade to a better rig - such as stax or W5000, since she listens to mostly classical.

She also claims that I spent tons of money on my bike and few lens for my leica, while that money could be spent in getting top-end stax rig.
I just find it funny that while I'm trying to hold back on further purchases on audio, my gf is craving more of that good stuff. interesting role reversal here.

Did I make a mistake of getting her into this head-fi world? :S

Lol she obviously doesn't want to lose you, maybe she's waiting for you to say those 3 certain words.

Nov 23, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #116 of 116
I can't even fathom having such issues as too much support for a hobby.
Cool; take the ball and run like hell, man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back