Does wearing glasses affect the sound you hear?
Aug 23, 2005 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 16
I dunno. Sounds like a placebo effect to me, unless the arm thingies on a pair of glasses will bend the angle of ones ears, which it usually does. Don't know how it would change sound perception though, as I haven't worn glasses since I was about three years old.

580smile.gif
Abe

Aug 23, 2005 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 16
I've never noticed a difference when wearing glasses. But then again, I've never been listening for a difference (plus I don't wear glasses that often). I agree with seeberg - the angle of ears due to the arms. Or possibly some sound reflected by the actual glasses themselves? though this would only be minimal, surely

Aug 23, 2005 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 16
Well, what about longhaired people with hair covering ears?
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2005 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by breez
Well, what about longhaired people with hair covering ears?
tongue.gif

I think that would definitely muffle things up a bit. I mean, why does 'Lil Jon go "hu-whaaaat?" all the time? Because he's rockin' the dreads
biggrin.gif

That, and I think those Oakely Thumps might have caused him some tinnitus.
580smile.gif
Abe

Aug 23, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #7 of 16
In a round about way yes.

With sunglasses on I can take an unintentional glance at a fine looking woman without getting bopped in the head by my wife for looking even though it really is not my fault.Some things are automatic and like breathing.No choice or intent involved.
The ringing in my ears from the head wallop prevents enjoying music and especially so with headophones which for some reason reinforce the ringing effect so yes,sunglasses can aid in the enjoyment of music with headphones in some cases.

YMMV

cool.gif

Aug 23, 2005 at 3:32 PM Post #9 of 16
OTOH, thick earpieces on glasses can mess up the seating of headphones--I always take off my glasses when doing serious headphone listening. (except for K1000 and canalphones, of course)
k1000smile.gif
etysmile.gif

Jan 5, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #10 of 16
When listening to speakers, I find that everything seems more coherent and in focus when I take my glasses off (-12 and -13.)
And I know you must be thinking that these kind of lenses will bend my ears, but actually they are small and light and the legs are very thin.

Maybe by connecting the one temple to the other sound is short circuited/influenced?
If you don't wear glasses, this idea might seem preposterous, but try to be unbiassed and listen to a pair of speakers (not cans) with and without sunglasses for instance if you don't wear glasses. You should be able to hear the difference, at least if you hear the difference between cables and differerent kinds of tubes, you will hear this to.

It is a worthwhile tweak, some people spend thousands on less effective tweaks, why not try it? It is a fun experiment.

Jan 5, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #11 of 16
EDIT: welcome to head-fi sorry about your wallet..

any object that close to your ears and your face may act as a weird reflection point for acoustics...???
anything in the room will make a difference in sound, then again the question is how big and where will it..
being on your face, made of glass, and that close to your ears..
its possible..

I don't wear glasses but in the few times i will wear sunglasses i can feel the wind blowing off the sides of them and hitting my ears. wind is a form of energy and so is sound..

hmmm...

ok this thread is from the Grave and i am going to bed..way to tired to be pondering such thoughts.

Jan 5, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a market for "audiophile" glasses anyone?

I'd buy one.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back