does Ultimate ears triple fi 10 need amp?
Sep 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

TheBoss

100+ Head-Fier
can it be powerd by almost any source as small as an ipod shuffle right?

and if I connect it to thousands of dollars worth of dac/amp, will there be big improvements?

Sep 25, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 36
IMO it sounds just fine without an amp. I got a portable amp to use with my SE530's, but since I moved to TripleFi's, I no longer use the amp. In fact I think it sounds better without the amp! Particularly if you have a good source.

Sep 27, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can it be powerd by almost any source as small as an ipod shuffle right?

and if I connect it to thousands of dollars worth of dac/amp, will there be big improvements?

yes it can, but it'll prob sound crap....
if your comparing the thousands of dollars worth to shuffle then it's have a huge improvement....

Sep 27, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #4 of 36
TF10 has only 32ohm impedance as normal portable headphones, so you can easily use it with your player.
ksc75smile.gif
If you still wanna pair it with an amp, ok, there's no wrong but sound effort might not change, even worse than simply plug it on.
confused_face_2.gif
Amps are for high impedance headphones to let them work well on portable devices.
k701smile.gif

Sep 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by shenchen2006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TF10 has only 32ohm impedance as normal portable headphones, so you can easily use it with your player.
ksc75smile.gif
If you still wanna pair it with an amp, ok, there's no wrong but sound effort might not change, even worse than simply plug it on.
confused_face_2.gif
Amps are for high impedance headphones to let them work well on portable devices.
k701smile.gif

if amping shows no difference, then it's the source and DACs right?

Sep 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #11 of 36
I use M-Audio IE-30 with a iBasso D-10 portable amp. IMHO, there's a big improvement in SQ with this amp. I think that TF-10 must benefit from amping too.

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by dippyboy_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@charlie,

how do you think the IE8 works with the voyager?

sorry I have never tried before. I only tried mustang and D10 with IE8.

IMO, mustang gives IE8 a very spacious soundstage, separation but vocals are recessed, roll off in the highs, but drum hit deep. whereas D10 makes the vocals clearer, more transparent and smooth. strings are better.

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #13 of 36
I find the Triple.Fi 10s sound great even without an amp. Great bass, great treble, good midrange, great sound stage.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #14 of 36
Interesting. To each own, I suppose.

I find the TF10 sounds dull and lacks in soundstaging when paired with iPhone 3GS.

When amped through WA6 (What I used to have), the differences were day and night.. Literally, day and night for ME.

I am hoping it'll be similar with WA22.

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds great, both with or without amp.

For me...sounds really good without an amp and even better with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back