Does the removal of the cloth from an earpad of a headphone mean that the risk of damaging the driver is increased?
Jul 29, 2012 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

EPICFAILXD

100+ Head-Fier
So i took my Senn Px200-II's earpads, and removed the cloth bit inside, using scissors, in the hopes that it's clarity will improve. Now, it sounds a bit clearer and stuff, but i'm now worried that dust and other materials can now get into bits of the driver, and damage it. Will this happen? please answer, and if you can, can you help me find a solution (besides ordering new pads from Sennheiser)?
Thanks

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Of course, it makes it "more likely" for particles to get inside. However, it is still very unlikely if you care for your headphones well and don't leave them laying around. You can try gluing some nylon pantyhose fabric to the back of the pads if you're worried, such a thin material wouldn't block/dampen any sound, but would still keep out particulates.

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Of course, it makes it "more likely" for particles to get inside. However, it is still very unlikely if you care for your headphones well and don't leave them laying around. You can try gluing some nylon pantyhose fabric to the back of the pads if you're worried, such a thin material wouldn't block/dampen any sound, but would still keep out particulates.

Thanks, i feel more relieved now, since i take good care of everything i own, even a pencil
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back