Does the devil wear Prada...or Phiaton?
Nov 25, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #166 of 179

Quote:
Well once again, I'd say it depends. Cuz if you're someone who cares enough about fashion to get these Prada's then you're probably in a circle of friends who, like you, follow fashion and know of their existence.

to know about the Prada brand, does not require any special interest.
But knowing of the Prada/Phiaton does show that a person has a certain interest in audio.

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #167 of 179

Quote:

That is the audiophile perspective, but if you look at someone who cares only for fashion, I think it's obvious which they will take.

Quote:
True.
I think people would say that those are chinese fakes anyway.

The thing is I'm not an audiophile I'm just a guy who loves his music. You only have to check my profile page to see my gear to know I'm not an audiophile. If anything most real audiophiles on here would consider my gear low or at very best mid grade. The idea I'm trying to get across is there's enough well off people who come on here who like me aren't audiophiles who will spend 600 1000 10 000 or even more on gear just because they want great sounding music. Someone who spends 600 on a rebranded headphone only because it has the Prada logo on it isn't an audiophile or a music lover, he/she is just a fashionista or lazy. In my mind the people who buy this Prada headphone are no different then the people who would run out and buy a Beats can. They're basically buying it as either a fashion statement or because they're to lazy to do the research and think just because it has a certain logo on it it's going to be the best sounding headphone money can buy. If Prada had actually hired someone to build them a great sounding 600 dollar headphone well then great. The point is they didn't and instead decided to order a bunch of Phiaton headphones and rebrand them and jack the price up to 600 bones. Yes the people who will buy it can easily afford it BUT it still doesn't change the fact they're either being shallow by buying a product because it has the Prada name on it or they're being lazy because they can't be bothered to do some research into what a real good sounding 600 dollar headphone sounds like. That's all I'm trying to say. If they want to buy a Phiaton headphone for 600 bones it's their business but it still doesn't change the fact they're willingly letting themselves get hosed for the sake of being either a fashionista or just plain lazy.

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #173 of 179
Both Beats and Prada are tapping into a fashion/egoistic uninformed audio fan market that is probably bigger than the audiophile market out there. It's a sad truth. I've read somewhere that Beats is like the 3rd best selling headphone brand in US behind Sony and Bose, while SkullCandy isn't too far behind...speaking about audiophile! 

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #175 of 179
wow very good to see this picture and read your article! i wanto to get a new pair of headphone and was very tempted by dr beats but now i think i might get the phiatons, it's a brand i didn't know! how is their sound performance? (of the phiatons) 

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #176 of 179
I can only speak for the MS400, but they are very nice portable headphones. They are pretty comfortable, isolate very well, sound good with most music, and look totally unique.

Sound wise, they are not the best at anything, but do everything well enough, and have no serious weaknesses.

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #177 of 179
In case kidA2012 is actually listening to advice on this thread:

The PS320s and MS400s are utterly (and by utterly, I mean utterly) opposite headphones.  The sound is polarizingly distinct (you won't detect a house sound between the two), the drivers are different in number as well as kind, the cups are made of carbon in one case, patterned leather in the other, the cords are different shapes and widths and issue from different places, the 400s' accessories are superior, the cases are even dissimilar and, visually, the headphones are distant relatives (though both are swanky).  Each belongs to a different Phiaton generation and reflects a different sonic strategy.

The 320s are voiced for the leisure-inclined listener who likes crisp highs and not the low-teat-sucking basshead who dislikes pointy metallic sounds and is actually wounded by pizzicato.  Their dual drivers lend them a clarity that will remind you of Etys (though the detail is slightly more blurred).  Looks-wise, I find them more fashionable than the 400s despite all the folderol:  They're fashion-windward without making the wearer appear pink-wingtip-ostentatious.  You'll find that both men and women love the pattern on the earcups, too. 

The 400s are perfect for someone who's flung too many bright headphones into their collection.  They're far less fatiguing than the 320s and are zoot-suited to travel conditions that might involve unintentionally kicking the volume to deaf-school levels. Like DJ headphones, the 400s emphasize bass so that the professional needn't turn it up to hear it.  They're warm and please-God forgiving; the case and collapsible form make them perfect for packing.

For traipsing around the city in my understated heather-gray codpiece, I prefer the PS320s; ditto for listening in relative quiet.  But the 400s are Jake when your ears need a break.  Burma Shave.

If I were going to buy the 400s, I'd opt for the carbon black model.  Yew kin git away with the red iteration, and the 400s' larger earcups make them better for men than the 300s', but there are too many times when I want to blend into the mental background of some donkeyhat's worldview and, at times like thems, black beats red with tiny fistic tendrils.  If you don't believe me, just ask the victims in Charlie Chaplin's splatter flicks.

Sep 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #178 of 179
First impression Prada Headphone

I was in Europe for holiday , during the shopping time I have tried the Prada Headphone direct to my son IPhone 3 GS ,
Sound Quality out the box in Prada store is not that bad
In 1 hours time 3 from the group bought the Prada Headphones

At the hotel I opened my Prada headphone and connect to my favorite travel rig as follow:

Source : IPhone 4 S

Portable amp : Headstage arrow 4 G

Headphone : Prada portable Headphone
Um Miracle
Vsonic GR 01
Yamaha Eph 100

High : open and detail but not harsh

Mid : very sweet and lush , remember me like my Earsonic Sm 3 v 2 , is more clear and clean

Bass: what I can expect from so small driver , is clean detail and fast speed bass, please do not expect the bass from lcd 2

Separation : is very good for small driver

Soundstage : is quiet good for small portable Headphone

My personal Impression : very detail open sounding portable Headphone , mid very sweet and lush , bass is less impact
For small driver, but fast and clean bass .you cn hear for long distance flight with no fatigue feeling.
I like to hear this Prada for audiophile music specially women voice so sweet that I can sleep during
6 hours flight from Dubai to Paris

The reason I bought in Paris the price only € 295 Euro compare to USA $ 595 USD

c3eed335f5fe1a6aa0aa03c3f81f89ae.jpg

37f1f7bf4d1be7a3e4bca4b12f8cf7d2.jpg

27b8a99ad38517156c32a4056dd62531.jpg

de0fa8f3045158994902a2feeb4b4f03.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back