Does MP3 benefit from burn-in?
Jan 25, 2011 at 9:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

whoelse

500+ Head-Fier
If yes, if I burn-in without plugging in a earphone does it make a different?

Jan 25, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #4 of 17
It's a little early for April Fool's.....
blink.gif

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #7 of 17
I even set my CD's on overnight with the volume down all the way to let them burn in. MP3's suffer from a similar condition. They are "compressed" and need to warm up and stretch out before they can reach their full potential. I plug em' into Foobar and play the whole album back at 32X before I listen. It really brings life to my 1's and 0's.

Anyway, I think OP is either trolling or asking about MP3 player burn in. I personally don't think MP3 players burn in, after the first millisecond of being on.

EDIT: I love these sorts of threads. So much.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #8 of 17
Ok, seriously:  most purely electronic devices like digital audio players need no burning in -- just use it.

Jan 25, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #10 of 17
You guys are funny :D
Although MP3 player is a DAP but there are still analog stuff inside before it reaches audio out.
I never burn-in my MP3 before, just started to think about whether MP3 *Player* benefits from burning in :)

Quote:
Ok, seriously:  most purely electronic devices like digital audio players need no burning in -- just use it.

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #13 of 17
You guys are funny :D
Although MP3 player is a DAP but there are still analog stuff inside before it reaches audio out.
I never burn-in my MP3 before, just started to think about whether MP3 *Player* benefits from burning in :)

Quote:

Do you mean "burn in" or "warm up"?

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #14 of 17
Both?

Quote:

Quote:

You guys are funny
biggrin.gif

I never burn-in my MP3 before, just started to think about whether MP3 *Player* benefits from burning in
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you mean "burn in" or "warm up"?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back