Does anyone use mog?
Apr 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #77 of 201
Hey Everyone!

I noticed that MOG no longer has the Windows desktop application available for download. Does anyone still have the .exe?  I'd like to install it on another PC, but no longer have the installer.

Thanks!

Robert

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #78 of 201
Mog is going away and being replaced by something called Daisy.  Probably will improve the interface and radio selections.  Something tells me they will also raise the price, at least on the $5 plan, which has been a real bargain.  

Have to agree that the sound on the mog app is not very good,  I listen using the I.E. browser instead.   

Like others said, the MOG to Daisy transition does not look promising. I am using 320kbps MOG on iPhone and like it as it is. Really not sure how Beats' Daisy would be.

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #79 of 201
I actually used to use mog, but i've switched to spotify. One of the reasons is that the desktop application is so much easier to use than mog's online site. It's easier to drag and drop into playlists, and there's always the option to press control + f to find songs easily. As for the audio quality, it might be slightly inferior to mog, but i'm not able to distinguish the difference between the two in most songs. Anyways, most of the listening i do is casual listening, and i don't really care as long is the audio quality is comparable. Anyways, if i want something in high quality, i could always just buy the cd.

Also, spotify has a promotion going on right now. Text "Spotify" to 777483, reply with your birth date(you have to be 18), and then they'll give you a code for a free month of spotify. This actually works more than once, so i borrowed my family's phones and now i have 8 months of spotify premium for free. Not a bad deal, considering that's 80 dollars worth of music streaming 
smile.gif

However, once my spotify premium expires, I may go back to mog since the 5 dollar service offers 320kbps while spotify's does not.

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #80 of 201
I'm also a little fed up with MOG's browser app. I stumbled upon Sony music unlimited. It's bitrate is 320 AAC as of January, and it sounds AMAZING! Their prices are similar to MOG ($5 for desktop, $10 for desktop+mobile). They also seem to have an (slightly) bigger selection than MOG, but I still have to see if I can track down every album I own.

In terms of sound quality, I'd rate the services as follows: Sony>MOG>Spotify

I've been a real fan of MOG for a long time, and until today haven't heard any music service that could do any better in terms of SQ. But after putting it through its paces Sony seems like the best in terms of both quality and ease of use.

In summary: Go get it now. Now now. They have a 1 month trial so it's worth at least giving a try.

May 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #81 of 201
I did some direct comparison btw MOG and the Music Unlimited and I gotta say that MOG is still better in terms of the music quality although not by a lot.

Still FLAC is the best out of all of them.....or I just imagining things. It would be nice to do an ABX similar to Foobar test btw all of them but I don't know how.
Quote:
I'm also a little fed up with MOG's browser app. I stumbled upon Sony music unlimited. It's bitrate is 320 AAC as of January, and it sounds AMAZING! Their prices are similar to MOG ($5 for desktop, $10 for desktop+mobile). They also seem to have an (slightly) bigger selection than MOG, but I still have to see if I can track down every album I own.

In terms of sound quality, I'd rate the services as follows: Sony>MOG>Spotify

I've been a real fan of MOG for a long time, and until today haven't heard any music service that could do any better in terms of SQ. But after putting it through its paces Sony seems like the best in terms of both quality and ease of use.

In summary: Go get it now. Now now. They have a 1 month trial so it's worth at least giving a try.

May 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #82 of 201
have been using mog since i 'lost' my entire ripped cd collection
the 320kbps and its overall layout is BETTER than pandora and spotify
THEN when i got got my 2 'little' schiits modi and magni i found the dac improved the sq/depth/clarity of mog even more
will check out sony music site and what is this 'daisy' from beats?? is mog going to be history?? bobbmd

May 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #83 of 201
how can anything be easier than mog's drag and drop feature to create playlists or looking up artists/albums
i toggle between cdbaby.com&mog for obscure folk country honkytonk bluegrass and if the artist isnt on mog the album is 90% of time-what a way to build a library spotify doesnt come close

Jul 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #85 of 201
Hi,
I'm a MOG fan as well.  However, I'm using a Droid Razr, which is not known for SQ.  What I like about Mog is the ability to play music offline.  Is there a way to increase the SQ using a headphone amp/DAC?  My research suggests not, but I'm not usre.  Which brings up my next question: When replacing the Razr, which of the new Adroid phones can be used with the E17 or something else to get the best SQ off of Mog?

BTW, I use a J3 for serious listening.

Thanks.

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #86 of 201
The Samsung Galaxy S4 works with the E17. The S4 sounds great with IEM's out of the headphone jack, but obviously full size headphones benefit from the E17.
Quote:
Hi,
I'm a MOG fan as well.  However, I'm using a Droid Razr, which is not known for SQ.  What I like about Mog is the ability to play music offline.  Is there a way to increase the SQ using a headphone amp/DAC?  My research suggests not, but I'm not usre.  Which brings up my next question: When replacing the Razr, which of the new Adroid phones can be used with the E17 or something else to get the best SQ off of Mog?

BTW, I use a J3 for serious listening.

Thanks.

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #88 of 201
Good input.  So is there a way to get a direct line out on the S4 or is it only through the headphone out?  Any clues regarding the HTC One in this regard?

The S4 supports digital audio out, but there is no analog line out.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #89 of 201
I've been using MOG for about a year and a half. I use it often. I'm pleased with the service. I had to cut my music consumption budget, I had no choice but to move to a cloud service. I've saved thousands of dollars because of this service. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back