Does anyone use mog?
Jun 27, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #46 of 201
I haven't tried MOG for a couple weeks. I logged on today, and a pop-up message appeared. It said:

"Flash version 11.3, the version you have installed, has acknowledged problems with audio playback. MOG recommends downgrading Flash to a previous version until Adobe has released an update which fixes these bugs."

Perhaps the mystery of why some people have been having problems with MOG and others haven't is solved!  MOG says I need to downgrade my version of Flash for it to work correctly! This is on my Windows Vista PC.

Jun 30, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #47 of 201
Quote:
I haven't tried MOG for a couple weeks. I logged on today, and a pop-up message appeared. It said:

"Flash version 11.3, the version you have installed, has acknowledged problems with audio playback. MOG recommends downgrading Flash to a previous version until Adobe has released an update which fixes these bugs."

Perhaps the mystery of why some people have been having problems with MOG and others haven't is solved!  MOG says I need to downgrade my version of Flash for it to work correctly! This is on my Windows Vista PC.

Has anyone tried downgrading yet?

cubdog

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #48 of 201
Quote:

Interestingly enough I have 11.3 installed but I haven't seen that popup on the desktop app, only the web player.

(For anyone who didn't know about the desktop player here's the download page: https://mog.com/#!computer )

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #49 of 201
I'm still liking MOG. I subscribed several moths ago given the features and sound quality. I was getting a strange issue where everything would skip and pop when I first opened the player. If I closed it and reopened it, then everything would play fine. 

I believe that this issue was fixed with a desktop player upgrade. I haven't noticed it since the upgrade. No flash player issues for me.

Jul 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #50 of 201
BTW, I downloaded the MOG desktop player for PC after AltairDusk posted it. The desktop player for PC only works if you are already a MOG subscriber. It doesn't say that before you download it. I don't know about the Mac version. I downloaded the PC version and installed it, but when I went to login, I got a message saying that you have to be a subscriber to use the desktop player. I've never gotten past the trial stage with MOG because there are issues with the Flash Player. Since it didn't work correctly, I never got to the point of wanting to subscribe.

Also, in other MOG news, did anyone see that the company MOG was just purchased by Beats Electronics? Yup, MOG is now owned by Beats.

See article:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/02/business/la-fi-ct-beats-mog-20120702

Jul 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #51 of 201
Yea, I saw that about the Beats purchase. Made me feel a little "dirty." 
redface.gif
 As long as it continues to work well, I'll keep my subscription.

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #52 of 201
I normally download the albums that I want to listen to in the HQ (320 kbps) version to save on my data use with the MOG iOS app, since I have to use my phone during the day. Two benefits to this: No drop outs and better SQ. Big diff between the stream quality (over 3G) vs the 320 file. This is negated if you are on wifi (or have desktop access) and can stream the HQ version, but I don't have that option at work.

In my limited experience using the desktop app at home, I've never had any dropout issues from the service. Using AirPlay is a different story...that doesn't work so great from the Mac desktop app.

Sep 16, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #53 of 201
I sold all my headphone stuff and converted to just having an ipod touch -> E17 -> Yamaha EPH-100

I love having mog on the go, it just makes my life so much easier. Also I find IEMs completely more practical than headphones even at home. I'm very happy with my setup now and my brother actually bought me the real version of mog for my birthday. Anyways, mog is a good investment for anyone!

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #54 of 201
MOG really sets the bar for streaming music quality.  I did a comparison between Pandora and the difference was just silly.  I wonder if quality was better before the Beats acquisition...

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #55 of 201
I don't think the Beats acquistion had a negative affect at all.  In fact, it will probably keeping it going for a longer time, because Mog.com is not profitable and  someone has to keep paying the bills.

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #56 of 201
I've been using the paid version of MOG on my PC for a few months now. Switching to the MOG desktop player (only available to paid subscribers) has resolved the issues that were caused by Flash and the web player.

For $5 a month for desktop use only, it's a fantastic deal. The sound quality is excellent.

There are still two main changes I would like to see.

1. Gapless playback. Certain records that weren't meant to have gaps between tracks can be annoying on MOG because a gap of silence exists between tracks.

2. Built-in EQ. I wish the MOG desktop player had an equalizer built-in. Although MOG already sounds great, I'd like to be able to do a little EQ'ing directly in the desktop player. Depending on whether I'm using my 2.1 speaker rig or various headphones, sometimes I'd like to be able to EQ in the desktop player itself. There are ways around this problem and other ways of EQ'ing, but an equalizer built-in to the desktop player would still be nice to have.

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #57 of 201
My only real problem with MOG is that sometimes some of the albums I have listened to disappear from time to time. Sometimes they are gone forever, and sometimes they reappear the next week. 

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #58 of 201
Quote:
My only real problem with MOG is that sometimes some of the albums I have listened to disappear from time to time. Sometimes they are gone forever, and sometimes they reappear the next week. 

Never had that problem. Is that problem occurring at home on your PC? Are you using the Web player or the desktop player? Are they disappearing from your favorites or from MOG altogether?

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #59 of 201
I've used both web player and windows pc app, they disappear from MOG altogether. Ayreon for example is a band this just happened with. I listen to them quite often on there, I just haven't gotten around to buying the albums yet so I listen to them on MOG. One day I went to listen to a certain album of theirs and all but one of their cd's had vanished from MOG. I check back like a week later and two more are back, a few days later another album of theirs is back. It's strange and this isn't the first time I have seen this. Actually I can name another example, "DeadSoul Tribe" had vanished and then came back a few days later as well. 
Quote:

Never had that problem. Is that problem occurring at home on your PC? Are you using the Web player or the desktop player? Are they disappearing from your favorites or from MOG altogether?

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #60 of 201
Wow, that's really strange. I use the desktop player on my PC. I listen to a lot of stuff on MOG, and I haven't experienced that. One thing I have noticed is some albums that have no artwork. I haven't noticed many, but I have run into a few where the music is there in MOG but that artwork doesn't appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back