Does anyone sleep on the floor besides me?
Sep 15, 2008 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

kool bubba ice

Headphoneus Supremus
I should say carpet. It started as a child. When I would see my father. He didn't have a bed yet, so we used sleeping bags. I have slept in beds obviously, But the last time I had one was in grade school. A water bed to be exact. I doubt I will ever buy a bed.

Sep 15, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #3 of 45
I personally had no problem with it.

But after a remodelling to the laminated wood floors, I will not try it anymore. Tried for 1-2 nights with just the sleeping bag, and it was hell. Then tried a few more nights with one of those foam mattress toppers... abit better, but once you get through that 1-2 inches of nice cushion, it's again the unwelcoming hard floor.

Sep 15, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #8 of 45
I used to sleep on the carpet as a kid. I can remember waking up in pain due to the tossing and turning.

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #10 of 45
Sleeping on the floor is a part of nature. Man has been doing it for thousands of years brotha. I'm with nature man.

chewie0ol.gif

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #11 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does sleeping on the alley, completely smashed, count?

Only if it's by choice

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #13 of 45
Had a futon for several years. I got used to it. Actually, I liked it. Some of my dates didn't. Eventually, a friend who was moving gave me a nice queen size bed. My love life improved.

Today, I have a memory foam mattress (tres cher) which is amazing. My five year old son asked me that when I die, can he have my bed. I said, "Of course." This is the same child who announced to his grandparents that when they die, he was going to live in their condo in Flordia. However, he quickly added that they couldn't die yet as he didn't know the way to the swimming pool.

I am never going to let him ever listen to my Grateful Dead albums agian.

Cheers!

Sep 15, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #14 of 45
Besides you? You mean, next to you?

I got out of the bed habit while staying in a monastery in Thailand. They provided the thinnest of woven polyester mats to cover the floorboards of the meditation huts. Later on I upgraded to an inflatable camping mattress in a place with linoleum floors.

But I will tell you this: that a bed is more or less a practical requirement for those times in your life when you want an active sex life.

Sep 15, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #15 of 45
Sleeping alone on floors is fine if that makes you happy. But beds and sex go together like mashed potatoes and gravey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back