Does anyone know when the V-Moda M100 will be released?
Jan 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Noctas

New Head-Fier
I was about to take the plunge this weekend on the M80, but read that V-Moda will be releasing an M100 (M80 sound, LP2 form factor) soon.  I like the sound of the M80, but prefer the over the ear feel of the LP2...... 

If V-Moda is going to release them soon (next couple of months), I will wait for the M100's.

Also, does anyone know about the headphone amp that V-Moda will be releasing?

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #2 of 9
I'm quite interested in the M-100, too. Hopefully V-MODA will release them soon!
popcorn.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #3 of 9
I read in the M-80 Review thread that the M-100 will have more bass and less detail in the mids/highs than the M-80, due to the new driver. Just be aware of that.

I remember reading about a headphone amp from V-moda, but I think it was/is only available in Europe. Check the V-moda Wikipedia page.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #4 of 9
V-moda m100's release date isnt on V-moda's wikipedia page though, Ive been searching google for some time now, and haven found much information, mostly rumours which ultimately is pretty disappointing, considering, I liked the M-80 quite alot, well loving to switch to different headphoens every hour.:D

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #7 of 9
There's a big thread in the portable headphone section where Val Kolton keeps popping in quite regularly, I believe the current target for release is June if everything works out as it should. There hasn't been much word on the sound except it's been said to have more bass than M80 but I'm almost certain less than the LPs (doubt it would get worth a $299 pricetag otherwise), the LP/LP2 have too much bass to allow for nice details in the mids & highs. Well some drivers and design of the cups etc obviously handles more bass better than others though, for example the Q40 headphones have a really stunning bass quantity vs quality ratio.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I read in the M-80 Review thread that the M-100 will have more bass and less detail in the mids/highs than the M-80, due to the new driver. Just be aware of that.

I remember reading about a headphone amp from V-moda, but I think it was/is only available in Europe. Check the V-moda Wikipedia page.

The M-100 is supposed to be an upgrade over the the M-80, with a bit more bass. It will also scale with an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back