Does anyone know if Blackberry's new Z10 supports USB digital audio output?
Feb 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kherman

New Head-Fier
I want to know this so I can get a USB baed D/A converter when I pick up this new badboy.

Stinks that I have to wait 1-2 months to get it though (I live in the USA).

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:
I want to know this so I can get a USB baed D/A converter when I pick up this new badboy.

We have a live demo where I work so if no-one manages to get back to you today, I'll post again tomorrow after I fiddle around with it for a bit.

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:
Quote:

We have a live demo where I work so if no-one manages to get back to you today, I'll post again tomorrow after I fiddle around with it for a bit.

Oh wow, that would be AWESOME!

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #6 of 12
Has anyone tried the Z10 compared to an iPhone5 through just the headphone jack?  I have a choice between both for a work phone and i'm curious how they compare w/amp and dac and then without?

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 12
Both sound very good. Just headphone outs I am talking here. Z10 had a really nice amount of power much like the iphone 5. Plays flac and while not true gapless it is very very close. I also love the hardware controls, vol up pause and vol down and long press for skipping tracks. Just got mine the other day and it has me very impressed with the audio output quality. 

Mar 23, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #10 of 12
Bumping up an old thread. What's the verdict on USB audio? Z10 - Dragonfly -> pico would be a great combo, if possible.

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #12 of 12
I never got around to checking. I think it should be able to but I have not tried it yet. The sound from the headphone jack is good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back