Does anyone know how to optimize SoundID?
Apr 30, 2022 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

IBJamon

100+ Head-Fier
I have a new pair of 1MORE earbuds with SoundID built in. And... I hate it! I love the idea, but I am forced to use one of their test tracks that I've never heard before, and tune the sound in ways I have no idea what I am doing.... then when I get the results and listen to my own music, I greatly prefer the default, out of the box sound - sometimes SoundID mangles it so much I can barely listen to it! What is going on here...

Does anyone know what each choice actually does? There are around ten choices, which I assume relate to certain EQ settings. Does anyone know how to 'cheat' it and get as neutral a sound as possible? I actually wouldn't mind a mild V-shaped sound, but what I am getting out of this thing is terrible...

Thanks for the advice!

May 20, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Sound ID is frustrating. Answering their tuning preference questions make me doubt myself again and again. It's a horrible feeling

May 21, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 3
Read this: Getting Started with SoundID. If you already created a SoundID tuning profile you should reset it. In the Getting Started link, scroll down to the "Profile Reset" section and do those steps first. Afterwards you start creating a new sound profile.

When taking the SoundID tuning test choose the track that is close to your musical genre preference. The track you choose will probably not be a perfect match to your genre choice. When you do the tuning test: A / B choice. You want to choose the sound that you think is the best. Listen intently as the A/B sound difference can be very subtle. The test will run through bass, midrange and treble in small steps. Take your time and choose the A / B sound that sounds best to you. After you complete the preference test, then perform the hearing test. You may find that the hearing in your ears is not equal. (The hearing test is not a medical hearing test, though if your results are way out of balance you may want to consider seeing an audiologist to run a medical hearing test.) SoundID will create compensation curves for your sound preference and hearing test results.

You may not like the new profile at first, give it a chance. If you still don't SoundID's personal profile, you can also create custom tuning with a builtin PEQ as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back