Does anyone have the iPhone LOD pinout?
Feb 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #136 of 259
What pins are we connecting on either side of the 66k-68k resistor?

15 + 11 --> resistor --> 21 ?

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #137 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What pins are we connecting on either side of the 66k-68k resistor?

15 + 11 --> resistor --> 21 ?

correct or you can substitute any other ground pin for 15

Feb 8, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #138 of 259
I got that assembled but still got a warning when I plugged it in for a test. Is it supposed to be sporadic? Does it work for the first gens?

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #139 of 259
It should now work with any iPod/iPhone model. Using pin 15 as ground is easiest since it's near 11 and 21. If you're still getting the message sometimes it might be that your pin 15 and 21 are somehow shorting once in awhile, possibly due to too much exposed wire touching, resistor leads touching, etc. This would bypass the resistor, and you'd end up with the message.

Feb 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #140 of 259
I can't get my meter to read anything but the proper resistance between 15 and 21, and between 11 and 21. Even before I jammed it all back into the connector housing, I plugged it into the phone and got the warning.

I think there's a pretty good air-gap in there.
confused_face(1).gif

00256.jpg
00258.jpg

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #142 of 259
I counted a dozen times while I was yanking them and then again just now. I've made two in the last 24-hours the same way to the same end. Can someone with a first gen confirm that my configuration worked for them?
(that is: 11+15>33k>33k>21)

Maybe there is something happening differently in my phone...

Feb 14, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #143 of 259
Hey all,
I am new to the LOD thing, please help
smily_headphones1.gif

I read that "tying pin 11 to one of the ground pins in the LOD will activate the LOD for the second gen iPod touches".

May I know how do we "tie" pin 11 and to which ground pin (pin #?) do we tie it to? Is a resistor required for an iPod Touch 2nd Generation?

Thanks in advance!

Feb 14, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #144 of 259
'tying' reffers to coupling the signal. in this case, it means making an electrical connection, or soldering a piece of wire between 2 points to 'short' them together. If you go through the last few pages of this thread, take a look at some of the pics peoople have posted, and the schematics of sorts, you should get the idea. You'll see that on top of hooking up Left, Right and Ground signals in the LOD, you also have to hook up a resistor in between some pins in order to let the ipod touch / iphone know that you want to hook up an audio device.

Feb 14, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #145 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruZZ.il /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'tying' reffers to coupling the signal. in this case, it means making an electrical connection, or soldering a piece of wire between 2 points to 'short' them together. If you go through the last few pages of this thread, take a look at some of the pics peoople have posted, and the schematics of sorts, you should get the idea. You'll see that on top of hooking up Left, Right and Ground signals in the LOD, you also have to hook up a resistor in between some pins in order to let the ipod touch / iphone know that you want to hook up an audio device.

Thanks for the reply!

ipodtouchdocksch.jpg
this was taken from your post earlier!

Is it a must to connect a resistor? I am getting the really small dock connector
minibl.jpg
, not sure if a resistor will fit.

Can I just use a wire to connect the two points?
Lastly may I confirm that the ground wires to connect are 30&11, and 30&21?

Feb 14, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #146 of 259
for the ipod touch 2g, the above schematic works. a resistor IS required.
Note that the resistor is between (30 and 11) and (21) (ie, 21 is not connected directly to 11 or 30). I'm not sure how this functions with the iphone 3g though. The latest for that is to have (11 and 15)--|66k|--(21). This probably works for the 2g too, and may be more universal. maybe someone else can comment on that.

What is your primary use?

Feb 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #147 of 259
I need the LOD for listening to music on my iPod Touch 2nd Generation.

Do they sell really small SMD (surface mounted) resistors of this type? I am afraid the traditional ones will not fit into the teeny QB connector case

Feb 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #148 of 259
you'll have a harder time with SMD in there, specially if you don't know of their existence. I'm sure you could find a small 1/8'th Watt 1K resistor at an electronics store. The ridax dude here said it should be ok if you remove the un-needed pins, so even a normal 1/4 W 1K should fit. may need some creative packing.. but I could see it working. I'm sure any type of resistor is find in there too.. as long as it fits.

Feb 14, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #150 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucifix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the reply!

ipodtouchdocksch.jpg
this was taken from your post earlier!

Is it a must to connect a resistor? I am getting the really small dock connector
minibl.jpg
, not sure if a resistor will fit.

Can I just use a wire to connect the two points?
Lastly may I confirm that the ground wires to connect are 30&11, and 30&21?

Does this work with iPhone 3G? Have you got any idea where i could purchase one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back