does anyone else prefer KSC-35 to Grado 225?
Oct 23, 2003 at 11:55 PM Post #31 of 36
uh... headphones HAVENT come that far in the recent years...

r10s came out in '89, and hp-1000s in '91

....when did the omega IIs come out? aren't IIIs supposed to come out eventually?

amps and sources have though....

how do people find out about etymotic?

Oct 24, 2003 at 12:30 AM Post #32 of 36
iGig, how does the SR225's compare to your V6's in brightness in your opinion? I didn't have problems with the former, but the latter I had to struggle with. Finally lost and just sold my second pair.
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2003 at 8:28 PM Post #33 of 36
Oh Blessingsx, I'm terrible at describing sound but I'll try.
I like the V6 a lot, but I wouldn't compare it to the 225s because I use 'em for different things.
If I ever listen to the 225s and I switch to the V6, they sound really crappy!
eek.gif
lol
The V6 is perfect for dance music on my portables, no complaints there. I'm not really looking for detail in this case, just letting the groove move me.

When I sit down to really listen, I hook up the 225s, I've disected the living room system, (mid-fi Onkyo at best) I took the CD changer, amp and preamp for my rock sessions. I play the bass a little (very little) and it's hard for me to focus on the bass lines because the highs are screaming, if I lower the treble I lose some of the beautiful guitar sound. Drums sound excelent, I just wish the bass was a little more prominent. (I don't have an EQ)
When I'm done, even after a short session, my ears ring and this is scary to me.
I understand my source has a lot to do with this, maybe there's an amp than can pick up the bass or tame the highs. I will ask for advice when my fund$ allow it, right now after my last iPod, iSkin, iTrip, iFell and iBrokeMyWallet.

Oct 25, 2003 at 4:34 AM Post #35 of 36
I don't have the KSC-35, but every other Koss "titanium" driver headphone I have I dislike a bit now. There is no question that my SR225 obliterates the KSC-50 and the KTX-Pro1, the Koss's are sloppy and dark sounding in comparison.

Oct 25, 2003 at 7:20 AM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by donovansmith
I don't have the KSC-35, but every other Koss "titanium" driver headphone I have I dislike a bit now. There is no question that my SR225 obliterates the KSC-50 and the KTX-Pro1, the Koss's are sloppy and dark sounding in comparison.

Just to clarify, the KSC-35 uses a cellulose diaphragm, not a titanium diaphragm like the KSC-50. They sound quite different.

(BTW, the magnets are also different; the KSC-35 uses samarium cobalt magnets, whereas the KSC-50 uses neodymium magnets. There's lots of good info on their construction in this thread:
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=42184
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back