Does an iPod classic not have enough juice to run HD555s?
Nov 30, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 13
I don't have much of a budget at all right now, I'm a high school kid. But I may be able to save up a little. What I really want to know is whether the phones will be underpowered and not sound as good as they should coming from my iPod.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #11 of 13
I would like to spend no more than $200 but don't plan on buying a new set of headphones too soon since I just got these today.
And I would like for them to be at least semi portable even though I will mostly use them at home.

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #12 of 13
Closed headphones are often found to be more practical for portable use - unlike the HD555 which is open and designed for home use. So if spending money, I suggest buying something for use with your ipod > post in the portable headphones forum. As often can be found with headphones, the HD555 can be found to sound different (better or worse) depending on what it's plugged into. It will work OK from a computer, but I found that I preferred using it with additional amplification > post in the amp or computer audio if interested in upgrading the sound from your computer to your HD555.   

Quote:
I would like to spend no more than $200 but don't plan on buying a new set of headphones too soon since I just got these today.
And I would like for them to be at least semi portable even though I will mostly use them at home.

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #13 of 13
I regularly use my HD-595s with an iPod Classic and they work fine. I have also amped them with the Fiio E7 and PA2V2. With the amp, there is some improvement, but straight from the iPod is very good.

Brad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back