Does amazon have a problem with fakes MTPC's?
Jun 24, 2014 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ProchargerF4

New Head-Fier
I ordered some used-like new MTPC's from amazon for $175... Now in this day and age the price doesn't seem suspect, but there are more fakes floating around than genuine at this point I'm sure.

My main question is: how likely is it to receive fakes from amazon? They're still being shipped so I have no way to analyze them but I'd like to know if there's any good chance that they could be fake from amazon. Thanks in advance

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 9
With products that have counterfeits floating around , I will only buy new even from sellers like Amazon
They is no way of knowing if a customer who bought new , from Amazon , switched out with a fake from other source and return the fake to Amazon
Resulting in Amazon unknowly selling fake through the warehouse
I will only take the chance if I know what I am looking for, can return if fake and the price is significantly lower than new

Jun 26, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 9
Okay they arrived and I'm heartbroken.

The right earpiece wasn't sealed and the 2 parts of it were loose, the unit just makes a terrible noise like a blown speaker but worse.

The left side works but sounds way too squawky compared to my regular turbines and it's missing the mesh part in the tip.

The accessories are intact and appear to be authentic.

I'm torn on whether or not they are even real. Everything seems to check out, but the fact that they aren't fully functional makes it hard to evaluate the sound at all.

Pics to come :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back