Do you think Apple will ever improve sound quality?
Nov 26, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The original post looks quite suspicious to me. Look, OP enters the same day he started the thread. His first and the only post here is "iPod is .... ", no more posts were made. The post itself is very provocative "... music players that can barely play music... ". No head-fi language was used, no head-fi tolerance was shown, no real question was asked. Nothing. Just the plain instigation with obvious goal to start the flame on iPod. And he succeeded.

ph34r.gif
Beware the creeping troll! hahahahah

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #47 of 54
haha! beware cloaked industry types having a swipe at competitor products.

nothing is perfect, if it was then headfi may have to close! people would have already found / said everything.

if a product is really that bad then insinuate that millions of people must be wrong. some people have some huuuuuge front don't they!!!

to the OP: lolololololol
bigsmile_face.gif

wink_face.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #48 of 54
I trust my ears too and a Cowon D2 sounds unamped much worse than a new generation iPod Touch or Nano (using TF10). This combination is amazing! True story for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Just a matter of preference... that's okay.

Nov 26, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #49 of 54
Speaking of wrong, I do believe that a lot (not saying millions) of people are wrong. Following the trends blindly, not actually taking into account alternatives just because they are not made by Apple. I know such people and I'd love to show them that there are better products out there, but they just wouldn't listen. Instead they's rather go through all the hassle of dealing with iTunes etc.

I realise that I sound aggressive, but I actually respect Apple as a brand, just not their iPod products.

It all comes down to "whatever floats your boat" in the end, and, (no matter how controversial to what I just said I may sound) I think that it's right. And if, say, iPod pleases your ears more than, say, D2, it's perfectly fine. Sound is personal afterall.

[size=xx-small]No offence. Really.[/size]

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Speaking of wrong, I do believe that a lot (not saying millions) of people are wrong.

Of course, think of smokers, nazi's, religous fanatics...or as they mockingly say"eat shi*, a billion flys can't be wrong".
I do understand the popularity of ipods; they look great, have a fantastic interface with great firmware and nice computersoftware etc.
But why they are so hugely popular, I'll never understand; they were that popular when the reallife batterylife was an abymal 4 hours, and the case scratched so easily it was almost impossible to get it out of the package without damaging it; didn't matter at all, they sold much better then f.i. the comtemporary Sony NW-NH1; a beautiful compact, all magnesium unit with exellent build quality, played for 20+ hours on a charge, fine sq and a very stylisch nonplastic design. Didn't work, everybody wanted an ipod, except for a few audiophile nerds.
Nowadays the ipods are much better, and I find the nano, touch and classic very tempting designs, but everytime I get a chance to take a listen I'm still disappointed by the SQ; my problem I guess, nobody else around me seems to care or even understand what I'm talking about. But I got quite a few people moving over to IEMs, that's something.

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #51 of 54
I personally never had a problem with the iPod's SQ but the way the implement EQ is just asinine. My experiences with both the iphone and ipod 5th gen is that it sounds good with the EQ turned off whether you're going through the headphone out or the line-out. The line-out is better ofcourse when you pair it with an amp.

Personally I use a Kenwood player for 95% of my portable listening because I find the EQ super useful as it's implementation is very good. If I was to compare both the HD30GB9 and iPod without EQ or any processing it would be difficult to tell them apart in a blind test.

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #52 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by montell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think about this. Have you ever seen a musician or artist using anything else but an ipod? Like for example the pacemaker? No you have not.

Yes I have on the pacemaker. At $900 for the pacemaker, how many people do you think would move in that direction?

You really need to work on your approach to answering other's people posts.

Nov 27, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #53 of 54
Maybe I am alone here but I actually like the sound quality of my 16GB 4G Nano out of the headphone jack. I use Shure SE530s with no EQ and 256kbps rips. I am definitely not an Apple fanboy if you know me but I like this player.

I have owned some good sounding DAPs in the past like the Samsung YP-T9, iAudio X5 and the Sony A818. Those may be better sounding than the Nano but I no longer own those units to compare.

Nov 27, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by deliverinsanity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of wrong, I do believe that a lot (not saying millions) of people are wrong. Following the trends blindly, not actually taking into account alternatives just because they are not made by Apple. I know such people and I'd love to show them that there are better products out there, but they just wouldn't listen. Instead they's rather go through all the hassle of dealing with iTunes etc.

I realise that I sound aggressive, but I actually respect Apple as a brand, just not their iPod products.

It all comes down to "whatever floats your boat" in the end, and, (no matter how controversial to what I just said I may sound) I think that it's right. And if, say, iPod pleases your ears more than, say, D2, it's perfectly fine. Sound is personal afterall.

[size=xx-small]No offence. Really.[/size]

Yeah, that tube of Crest toothepaste I see at my brother-in-law's house every time really pisses me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back