Do you prefer to store your library on Mac or PC
Aug 8, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 105
I think you meant "Windows" vs "Mac OS" - PC is not an OS, and Mac OS technically runs on a PC. (Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine - Ubuntu user).

I would probably be a Mac OS user, if I could afford it.
smily_headphones1.gif
As is, it's a large EXT3 formatted hard drive dedicated just for music and a backup USB EXT3 formatted external drive that I don't use as much as I should.

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 105
well i have never owned a mac, how am i supposed to know which i prefer? Im thinking about picking up a mac mini soon to use for this exact use.

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 105
If I understand the question, I keep my library on a Mac mostly in itunes with Apple lossless. It's easy convenient etc.

I also use Korg MR 1000 as my portable source from time to time and I keep that library of files (mostly DSDIFF) on my PC.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #5 of 105
windows you mean? well if I had the time and energy I would likely use some sort of linux distro. but as it stands I use windows or as you put it "pc". mac os runs on some other kind of non-personal computer system right? (one of my pet peeves too....)

Aug 8, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #6 of 105
Sorry, but I don't really understand the poll.
Mac are a computer made by Apple, so that one is sort of ok. Guessing that you mean Mac OS X.

But what is this "PC"? It stands for Personal Computer, which means a computer for personal use. In short any computer, regardless if its made by Apple, Dell, IBM, ... and running Mac OS X, MS Windows, GNU/Linux, ...

Anyway. I prefer Mac OS X, on my PC (MacBook Pro).

Aug 8, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #11 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iTunes suck. Even if you own a mac you should use one of these alternatives instead:

10 Alternatives to iTunes for managing your iPod - Simple Help

How does iTunes suck?
I have been using iTunes on Mac OS X the last 5 years and am very pleased. Stable, feature rich, and easy to operate.

You don't happen to be running MS Windows do you? Cause iTunes on MS Windows is a whole different story than the Mac OS X one...

Aug 8, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #12 of 105
My FLAC files are kept on an external, wirelessly networked HD which can be and is accessed by all my networked machines. I have two Macs and 2 PCs running Linux. No Windows boxes on the network.....thankfully.

Aug 8, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #15 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's acceptable to call non-mac computers a "PC". It's understandable.

In your world maybe... But in my world a Mac is a PC (Personal Computer) as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Either way. Mac <-> PC say nothing about the operating systems, since all of them are able to run the most used ones... Like MS Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux

Users who are viewing this thread

Back