Do you prefer L or I cable?
Dec 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #16 of 30
I use inline remote controls with my arsenal of players so it has to be a straight plug unless I am using a pair of cans with either a long cord or a big (still 1/8") straight plug on them (such as my MDR-V700DJ's and most other full-sized cans), in that case I would use a 12" Radio Shack inline volume control (it has an L-plug) hooked up to the remote just to take off both the stress and the weight that a large-sized plug would cause on the remote.

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 30
Well, neither i guess. I prefer the slightly angled, diagonal L and not the completely right angled one. I've found it has the best of both worlds
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #19 of 30
L for portable, l for home use.

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #21 of 30
L all the way because the the I ones definitely have more chances to break while plugged to a portable audio player in my pockets.

But like the majority I think the I jacks look better and are more convenient to handle, so for home use I would go for I (but most of my use for earphones is on the go).

Dec 24, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #23 of 30
L everywhere I can.

Dec 24, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #24 of 30
I as L shaped ones seem to have a tendency to fail on me as the cable comes out of them and then turns 90 degrees to go straight up and out of my inside pocket. Straight jacks also come out much easier if something catches on your headphone cable and pulls it. No iems dragged out of your ears painfully or player pulled out of your pocket.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back