Do you plug your equipment directly into the wall, or..?
Feb 7, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #16 of 48
I live in a house, but it's in a fairly old community.

After two previous mishaps by Pacific Gas and Electric, I plug in everything into a power conditioner nowadays.

Feb 7, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My source goes into a PS Audio P500. My amp goes straight into the wall.

Why don't you plug your amp into the P500? Do you find it benefits from being plugged directly into the wall?

Feb 7, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #18 of 48
I live in a house, but the outside wiring of the whole neighborhood is ancient. I have a 20 amp dedicated line for the stereo, which feeds a VansEvers power conditioner, and then on to some kind of Tripp Lite. Recent power outs did no harm.
biggrin.gif

Laz

Feb 7, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #19 of 48
I am in a college dorm, and I am under the impression that because of that, I would actually have a lot of clean power coming to my room. Seeing as each room has a fridge and micro-wave, I would think my regular power strip is working just fine. Not to mention tv's, game systems, speakers etc.

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you plug your amp into the P500? Do you find it benefits from being plugged directly into the wall?

I find the amp to sound best tapped from the wall.

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #21 of 48
Crappy power strip with the ground pin broken off to go into the 2-prong outlet in my living room.

I know, I know...

Planning to get a dedicated 20amp circuit run someday.

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #23 of 48
PW-3 Power strip into dedicated 20 amp line. My wife swears she heard a difference when I plugged it in. New romex home run.(I may try a bx run next just for grins) Feed smaller items (mac airport etc.) off "audio-video" grade protector from Loews. Have whole house surge protectors in circuit box from electrical supply store. Have never lost any equipment despite a strike last year that shut down everything around me (cell phones, computers, tv etc, flashed off and then on) re-curled my hair, and had one of my cats AND one of the dogs so scared they evacuated, (and I don't mean the room). Just lucky my bluetooth didn't get welded to my head. Point being I am probably sacrificing some sound cleanliness for protection but I think it is a decent trade off.

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #24 of 48
voted 'direct from wall', but suddenly remembered that it in fact runs through a generic surge protector. just seemed a good idea for stuff that's actually worth something (headphone setup and the computer)

Feb 7, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #26 of 48
Other.
Equipment -> Power strip -> Wall outlet

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #27 of 48
Cheap surge protector.

Feb 7, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #29 of 48
I use an Tripp-Lite Isobar (surge protector with some limited noise reduction/isolation)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back