1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Do you listen to the radio?

1. FunkeHomosapien
    Just wondering if anyone listens to the radio.
    The radio sucks in my area (Sac, CA) and I never listen to it, except for Howard Stern or when driving in my POS car without a cdp.

2. Spareribs
    Yes but mostly in my car or in my basement if I’m working on soldering projects.

But yeah, I agree that radio is bad in many parts of the country with not of much of a good selection.

Oh well,

3. spacellardoor5
    I only listen to Classical Radio since I think most modern music on the radio is trash.

4. Spareribs
    Hmmm....I like classical radio too. Normally I listen to it via internet. There’s a classical radio station from North Carolina (WDAV station) that I sometimes listen to. Last time I checked, they streamed their broadcasts through their website.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  5. Spareribs
    Well I’m listening to the radio right now on a vintage Marantz receiver and book shelf speakers to the classical radio station that I mentioned above (internet and blue tooth feed) and I love it.

The experience reminds of the old days when I used to listen to the radio more often. One of the advantages of listening to a classical station is that they will have live broadcasts of orchestras and you cannot hear it anywhere else except on the station. It can be basically an exclusive experience.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  6. buddhashenglong
    Yes.
    I am a DJ on a hip-hop show called Eclipse : the Shedding of a Blacker Light. I play a bit more than half of the time and it's a weekly show. I listen at home when I'm not on and love it. Also listen to Democracy Now, Counter Spin, and Alternative Radio on KGNU.org or 88.5 FM on the front range of Colorado.

Commercial radio hard pass though. Dropped that in the late eighties.