Do you listen to the radio?
Jul 26, 2001 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

FunkeHomosapien

Head-Fier
Just wondering if anyone listens to the radio.
The radio sucks in my area (Sac, CA) and I never listen to it, except for Howard Stern or when driving in my POS car without a cdp.

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 11
Yes but mostly in my car or in my basement if I’m working on soldering projects.

But yeah, I agree that radio is bad in many parts of the country with not of much of a good selection.

Oh well,

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #4 of 11
Hmmm....I like classical radio too. Normally I listen to it via internet. There’s a classical radio station from North Carolina (WDAV station) that I sometimes listen to. Last time I checked, they streamed their broadcasts through their website.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 11
Well I’m listening to the radio right now on a vintage Marantz receiver and book shelf speakers to the classical radio station that I mentioned above (internet and blue tooth feed) and I love it.

The experience reminds of the old days when I used to listen to the radio more often. One of the advantages of listening to a classical station is that they will have live broadcasts of orchestras and you cannot hear it anywhere else except on the station. It can be basically an exclusive experience.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #6 of 11
Yes.
I am a DJ on a hip-hop show called Eclipse : the Shedding of a Blacker Light. I play a bit more than half of the time and it's a weekly show. I listen at home when I'm not on and love it. Also listen to Democracy Now, Counter Spin, and Alternative Radio on KGNU.org or 88.5 FM on the front range of Colorado.

Commercial radio hard pass though. Dropped that in the late eighties.

Dec 18, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #8 of 11
Hmmm.....I listen to NPR too. And some of their talk radio shows like Fresh Air with Terry Gross with her interviews of famous people.

Feb 16, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #11 of 11
Back in the 1970s I listened to radio all day long. It's how I filled out my record collection. Since the days of syndication where every radio station on the planet is owned by like one of three companies and they all play the same propaganda there is no point. RIP radio, used to be truly awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back