Do You Like Tacos?
Nov 24, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 65
Cow tongue tacos (lengua), lettuce, black olives

Nov 24, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 65
sure, why not, any taco is good, but extra cheese and sourcream

Nov 24, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #6 of 65
veggies with feta cheese, tomatoes and black olives.

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #13 of 65
¡Yes!

Real tacos have shredded cabbage on them. On two corn tortillas, with salsa, squeeze of lime, radishes, and maybe a little crema.

Pastor rocks, though asada and pollo are good.

Muy autentico.

And, yes, I eat them off street carts in Mexico.  I've never gotten sick, either.  Local fast-food restaurants are different story.

Nov 25, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #14 of 65

Quote:
^ Explain.

Quote:
¡Yes!

Real tacos have shredded cabbage on them. On two corn tortillas, with salsa, squeeze of lime, radishes, and maybe a little crema.

Pastor rocks, though asada and pollo are good.

Muy autentico.

And, yes, I eat them off street carts in Mexico.  I've never gotten sick, either.  Local fast-food restaurants are different story.

Uncle Erik's quote is my explaination...REAL tacos... feta cheese on a taco, what has this world come to!!!!! I kid of course any taco is a delicious taco (giggles).

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #15 of 65
I eat tacos more than any other dinner food. I always start with a homemade pot of flavorful beans (usually red and black together), then add diced bell peppers to them after they are cooked. For assembly I use cilantro, plain yogurt instead of sour cream, homemade salsa, sliced jalapenos and of course cheese (cheddar/jack), which I usually melt right on the tortilla. I just discovered a great corn/flour tortilla called Mission Artisan, but will eat straight corn or whole wheat (always soft tortillas). I like the corn better but the whole wheat is more convenient.

I will add just about any leftover veggies to the beans, the last time was roasted eggplant cubes. If I don't have any fresh cilantro I will lightly saute some cabbage with garlic and add some dried cilantro or just chop up some lettuce. Guacamole is my favorite optional add-on, and if I'm in the mood I will add some real hot sauce like Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia).

The following night I will make some meat, either a family pack of steak or some ground buffalo but occasionally a roasted chicken or baked salmon, and add the leftovers to the beans for... more tacos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back