do you let other people use your headphones?
Apr 19, 2008 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

jackbroke

New Head-Fier
Do you guys let other people use your headphones? I, personally, despise it. I dont like all the ear bacteria/gunk getting in my beautiful mahogany headphones. Anyone brave enough to let another use theres?

Apr 19, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #2 of 29
i let some guy use my stax system once, although i didn't really like the way he handled them.. he didn't care much about the sound quality, he just maxed out the amp and listened to the music loud.. but i don't care really when others try them out, like my bro or dad

Apr 19, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #6 of 29
Most people I know are happy with there i-buds so its not really an issue for me. They just think I'm crazy
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif

Apr 19, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #7 of 29
I've let a couple folks listen to my AD700s, but my IEMs for obvious reasons are only worn by me.

Apr 19, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #10 of 29
Absolutely I would let others use my headphones. IEM's aren't so much of an issue, but seeing as earwax is mildly antibacterial, I don't have a problem with it myself.
( link )

In fact the only thing that might stop me letting someone use my headphones would be excessive gooey hair gel or wax.
frown.gif

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #12 of 29
I would, as long as that person shows interest and (at least try to) understands what kind of headphone (s)he is dealing with. As for IEM, I'll make sure they are clean before/after letting someone else put them in.

Apr 19, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #13 of 29
For sure.
Most of my 'phones have already been used by someone (or several) else for 20-30 years before I get my hands on them. So one additional person or three don't make a difference...

Apr 19, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #15 of 29
Under my supervision the wife is able to use the RS-2, actually I guess its become her hp now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back