Do you have CD's you just don't listen to?
Nov 25, 2009 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

sithompson

100+ Head-Fier
I like CD's and as a result I have to decide what to listen to and while picking out a selection of music to try with my new K701's I notice a number of disks I just don't listen to – ever. I may have listened to them once or twice and decided I just don't like them. So there they sit.

I guess everyone does don't they? And what do you do with them - leave them in the CD cabinet, box them up into the attic or sell them?

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 24
Yeah, lots from when I got a bunch I'd never heard of free/cheap from BMG. Some I ended up liking, some not. My tastes have changed, as well. (Actually returned to their roots after a diversion in college.) I still have every CD I've bought, though I don't know why. I guess my cabinet is big enough (holds 800 or so, I have 600).

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 24
A whole bunch!
Probably have 2-300 CDs, of which just 50-60 (I am guessing) have been listened to the last 4-5 years.

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #6 of 24
Yeah, sometimes I buy CDs blind and end up with ones I don't need. Sometimes I just get bored with an album. But I'm not keeping them, every year I just sale the ones I don't need.

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #7 of 24
Quite a few actually. Impulse purchases in used stores, and during discounts in bigger stores. But I've wanted to go through my entire collection in an "Album a day" fashion for a while. Just havent found the time to do so yet.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #8 of 24
According to Music Collector I have 800 albums for a total of 954 discs. I'll bet there are 300+ CDs I haven't listened to in years. I really should go through the list and sell the ones I don't wan't.

Nov 26, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite a few actually. Impulse purchases in used stores, and during discounts in bigger stores. But I've wanted to go through my entire collection in an "Album a day" fashion for a while. Just havent found the time to do so yet.

Haha im doing that right now. Only my collections is 200+ CDs, but its taken about 6 months now and im almost done on R right now. Its nice to do, but iv been missing alot of new music in the mean time. I couldnt imagine a large collection, it would take years lol.

Nov 26, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #14 of 24
Hundreds. They are in various piles scattered throughout the house: never listened to (very small); listened to from 1-3 times (huge); listened to at least 4 times but never again (also huge).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back