Do you have CD's you just don't listen to?
Nov 26, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #16 of 24
I've digitized my entire collection now. I'd say it's rare to have an album I haven't heard something from in a year, as I often shuffle across all tracks. Strange sometimes, but rewarding, and reminds you of all that odd stuff lurking in the corners.

Nov 29, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #18 of 24
I have a whole crate full of albums I didn't bother to rip. Aside from that there's plenty of the 1500 or so albums I don't listen to often... and in some cases at all.

It generally happens when I buy something to expand my taste and find that I don't really like it. There's enough rewards out there to keep me doing it, but it's a getting to be a pretty big pile these days.

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #20 of 24
The other day my Dad was over and upon seeing my extensive CD collection, asked me a similar queston. I have a huge number of CDs I haven't played in a long time. However, I've been rediscovering some of them, especially since I got the HD800.

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #21 of 24
hundreds
frown.gif

Nov 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I buy something to expand my taste and find that I don't really like it.

Tell me about it. I've found Amazon Market Place is great for this. If there is a CD I kind of like after to listening to the "Preview All" section I will buy it from second hand/ nearly new from the Market - but only if it it's under a few pounds. That way if I really don't like it it's not big loss. I've lost count how many full price CD I've bought over the years where they are just not for me
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back