Do you consider rap to be "music"?
Jul 26, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #166 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Svperstar

This is where I disagree with you, as I pointed out in the other thread, I have been listening to rap on and off my whole life, since I have been old enough to understand what music is I have heard rap, my older siblings loved it in the late 80s till today. Some of the first cds I ever purchased were rap, but I got a bit older and started looking into music myself and started to really dislike rap after a while, my taste changed. I understand it well enough, I just don't like it.

Like I said, you probably just dont understand it
wink.gif
Listening to it your whole life doesn't change a thing if you don't interact with the people who make the music and try to understand their point of view. Indeed rap such as 50 cent, Dr. Dre, etc (gangsta rap) doesn't have a good image, at least imho, however, many hiphop artists such as The Roots, Beastie Boys, Da Bush Babees, and the list goes on and on, try to make a very positive message pass through their music.

Point being, listening to MTV rap is obviously going to leave you with a bad taste in your mouth, but many "undergound" artists are very passionate and talented in their field, and many of those artists KEEP IT REAL
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back