Do you celebrate Christmas?
Dec 13, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer feats of strength.

A Festivus for the Rest of Us!
One of my all-time favorite seinfeld episodes. "I went on christmas eve to buy a doll for my son, and I reached for the last one; so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I knew there had to be another way!"

Also, I celebrate christmas in a purely secular fashion, but my family doesn't know that yet...they still do the whole religious aspect. You know, santa...the cookies. lol

Dec 13, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #33 of 45
Yes I love Christmas, and now that I have a little boy it's even more fun.

0f496140.gif
1yo.gif
JesusSeasonBlinkie.gif
annoying.gif
festivusa1.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I love Christmas, and now that I have a little boy it's even more fun.

I believe this to be true to. Kids really add to the overall joy. At least I feel this way. Now that my son is 2.5 yrs old, he is getting more into things and enjoys the decorations, the songs etc. I find it much fun to watch him experience things for the first time. I get to do this again when my daughter hits that age.

Dec 14, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #36 of 45
Yes, but Christmas has always been a secular event for my family, including the extended part. We always get together, exchange gifts, eat, and spend time together. It's been even better lately with the little ones; my niece and nephews (8, 5, 2, respectively) now "get" what's going on and are just crazy about it. They really bring the excitement back.

Dec 14, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #39 of 45
I celebrate it, in a non religious way.

I use Christmas, as more or less my time to "veg out" and cool off. I more or less work all year round, and then have a nice 1 to 2 weeks off from the 20th or so, till the 2nd or so in January. Thats my only major time off this year.

I then use it for buying hi-end products, to then save me from doing it all year round (t.v's etc etc) headphone stuff get a pass, for all year round.

Then, I use it for buying presents, and getting them if I am nice enough I guess.

And the smell of a fresh cut tree, and tv shows with Chirstmas episodes. Thats it

Dec 14, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #40 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a radical secular Jew from the lower east side dating a Japanese girl.

In other words, in the true spirit of any Yiddish-speaking Lower-East-Side decendent, "what're yeh crazy?"
biggrin.gif

Well, that Japanese girlfriend could be a closet Christian, watch out!
cool.gif

Oh and QFT on the 2.5yrd old kid making Christmas fun again. The Marc Jacobs Santa freaked him out tho!

Dec 14, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #41 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, but I do celebrate hannukah.

x2 Looking forward to this weekend. My wife and I also celebrate Christmas with friends more to enjoy the company of others during the holiday season.

Dec 14, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #42 of 45
i love hannukah though i have only celebrated with friends a couple times. i think its really cool.

i do love christmas though... it would be better if we were rich cause then i would probably get a rs1 with a bithead amp for christmas
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #43 of 45
I am not religious at all, but I do celebrate Christmas with my (Christian) family.

For me, it really is more about sharing family, friends, some good food and drink, and of course, giving thoughtful gifts to your loved ones. If we had family members who were Jewish, African or Muslim, etc., I would gladly incorporate all in the festivities. I may not participate religiously, but it's nice to be able to enjoy and be included in something that's important to your loved ones.

Kwanzmasukkah anyone?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back