Do you celebrate Christmas?
Dec 13, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by blip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I celebrate it... but purely as a secular lets all get together and have a nice time way... Even when I was religious, it always seemed like a pretty secular holiday.

I guess my feelings are summed up by a quote from the Dilbert animated series... Here is butchered version of it (can't seem to find the exact quote):

Sometimes the holiday season can get a little hectic and commercial. And under that its all hollow and meaningless. But under all of those layers of commercialization, crassness and hollowness... yes... there is a warmth that is special to holidays.

I love the dilbert animated series!
biggrin.gif

I celebrate Christmas, give gifts, Jesus' birth etc, (even though he wasn't born then
tongue.gif
)

Dec 13, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #17 of 45
I'm not going to answer, since for me Christmas exists exclusively within my immediate family and in a purely materialistic and secular sense.

Dec 13, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #18 of 45
[size=xx-large]NEVER! Bah humbug![/size]

Just kidding, of course.
cool.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #20 of 45
My fam does Christmas in its entirety. I'm Catholic so that explains a bunch of it. So we do the religious thing and the overall other festivities. Certainly my favourite time of the year (good eats, great treats, people are generally friendlier - note I don't shop at stores, and I get to see friends/family I don't usually get to see, basically the once a year thing which is wonderful).

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer feats of strength.

...followed by the The Airing of Grievances
icon10.gif

d-1.jpg

ummm, yeah....seriously...

I am a Christian, so Yes I celebrate Christmas

Dec 13, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #23 of 45
Nope, haven't really celebrated it with the family for a while, ever since I got old enough to the point where I didn't care about presents and the such.

I do, however, celebrate it with my girlfriend.

Dec 13, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #29 of 45
I am Christian and celebrate Christmas, but I hate how some have turned it into a time when toys and how manys of what you get is the most important part. Yes, it is nice to get a few things from Santa, but that's not all that Christmas is about and I pitty those who think otherwise. It is a time when you can just sort forget/put to the side for a while things and situations that maybe aren't quite their best and just enjoy being around others and those that you love. I can't wait to see my family and my girlfriend and her family when I get home for Christmas. That, to me, is the best part of Christmas
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back